AFO Social One Day Event :)

Manni79

Why not have a bit of fun with it? At event headquarters have a bucket with commonly caught species for the set area being fished and draw the target species for the event lucky dip style, bait or lure can be toss of a coin. It's a social after all and it could be interesting to see what happens when people are thrown out of their comfort zone. It's all too easy to go out and do what you always do but I like a challenge and it's not too hard to bring a selection of gear to cover the possibilities. Just a thought.

Definitely provides a fun challenge

I'm in, would like to fish the Brisy river with all, Happy to pay and put a lure up as prize.

Just a sugestion: Instead of having individual prizes for species how about a champion angler, based on 1 point per centimeter of fish and a bonus 50 points for every extra species caught.

Max 2 fish per species countable. Legal min sizes for all species and min of 25cm if there is no size limit.

Im keen for this. Itl be fun as i havnt fished any BRC comps yet.

Lure or bait all good. Can fish either.

Itl be good if its brisbane river or the bay. target species snapper, jewies, threadies or mackerel.

Itl be good to take fellow afo member as deckie.

Shane

I reckon a nonfishing social every now and a again wouldn't go astray either.

Thinking something like dinner then drinks. Or even titty bars.

Hahaha. I did not even need to look at the avatar :P

Guys I have been thinking about this overnight and have a few pretty conceivable ideas. I will contact the ring leaders of this thread and past socials (as reliable people I think could help make this work) and pose the concept.

Angus

Just want to throw it out there as well it would be nice to hear a few other people chime in...

This thread for 3 pages actually has a lot of repeat posters...

Are there more people who would be interested in the concept of an informally, low fee, event each month with a set date?

Angus

If I can get the time, I would love to be in this all year long , like it was mentioned, take the best parts from club fishing and add our own AFO flavor. I have been a member of a few clubs. One had a morning fishing session followed by a BBQ followed by an optional Arvo session. Every month was a different venue and it was all species with points given to different species. At the end of the year bragging rights plus small trophy were given to biggest fish of the main species caught as well as a misc species.

I think that we should not lose focus on the main themes which is the social aspect and funds raising for AFO. It could get very complicated quickly by drawing species from hats etc and requiring people to use lures only ( damiki all the way baby) and not baits. I say each to their own. I am happy to take deckies out so long as they realize that it would be lures on my boat as that is my strength. If I went on tuggers I would accept that I would fish to the boaties strength being baits and I would learn about bait fishing so I would come away a winner as well.

The suggestion of 1 lure entry plus $10 to AFO is a great idea as is npd. Maroon could also be used as well as some rest. Like kaf, never go to Jacobs hole.

Cheers

Rob

If I can get the time, I would love to be in this all year long , like it was mentioned, take the best parts from club fishing and add our own AFO flavor. I have been a member of a few clubs. One had a morning fishing session followed by a BBQ followed by an optional Arvo session. Every month was a different venue and it was all species with points given to different species. At the end of the year bragging rights plus small trophy were given to biggest fish of the main species caught as well as a misc species.

I think that we should not lose focus on the main themes which is the social aspect and funds raising for AFO. It could get very complicated quickly by drawing species from hats etc and requiring people to use lures only ( damiki all the way baby) and not baits. I say each to their own. I am happy to take deckies out so long as they realize that it would be lures on my boat as that is my strength. If I went on tuggers I would accept that I would fish to the boaties strength being baits and I would learn about bait fishing so I would come away a winner as well.

The suggestion of 1 lure entry plus $10 to AFO is a great idea as is npd. Maroon could also be used as well as some rest. Like kaf, never go to Jacobs hole.

Cheers

Rob

yeah nice ,keep it simple .

variety:

bait ,lures ,different places ,people have different strengths , this will keep people interested and learning different ways of fishing .

I reckon a nonfishing social every now and a again wouldn't go astray either.

Thinking something like dinner then drinks. Or even titty bars.

Hahaha. I did not even need to look at the avatar :P

Guys I have been thinking about this overnight and have a few pretty conceivable ideas. I will contact the ring leaders of this thread and past socials (as reliable people I think could help make this work) and pose the concept.

Angus

don't know if the ring leaders have a group .they should start one .

look how well the wanderers have done :)

And lets not get bogged down on the bream idea either.

Bass fishing at NPD, Hinze, Somersert, Maroon, etc.

Snapper social at Cleveland, Wello Point or Redcliffe.

Day trip over to Straddie landbased around Dunwich for squid, trevs and kingies, $11 ferry ride, most would pay that.

Archived