Bribie Again...

Dazzamcgee

Posting for last nights session at Bribie Island.

Fished the last of the run in tide last night managed a 25cm and 27cm Bream. Plenty of decent bites from what I think were more Bream and alot of failed hookups occurred while I was stuffing around squid jigging. Managed 1 Squid for my troubles just before the tide decided to stand still at the top of the tide. No sooner did it reach its peak the water surface came alive with bait slapping the surface with swirls and splashes thinking to myself \"The actions heating up\" but soon realised everything had came to a stand still and so have the fish... No bites for almost an hour until the tide turned for the better with bites resuming. Wasn't long before my line loaded up with the struggles of yet another Bream that went 33cms then again with a 35cm Bream that wanted to check out every oyster infested rock in the area before surrendering for a photo. A great night out with stars shining, no wind and best bit it wasn't to cold.....:)

[img size=255]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/33cm.jpg

post-633-144598422163_thumb.jpg

Yeah i've had a bit of luck there from time to time caught alot of small stuff, Flatties, bream and alot of crap fish but have seen a few ppl do really well catching some decent size Mackerel from the jetty. I mainly go there to castnet bait hardyheads and herring.....

Also saw an old local using a paternoster rig casting toward the Glasshouse Mountains for a small patch of reef way out wide and I do mean way way out wide where he was catching some good squire...

Archived