Tinnie swaped. I think I did well.

BassTracker

I had a Quintrex 4.5 meter tinnie with a 30hp yammy on it with all the bells and wistles, I know quite a few people here have seen it. I'd had it for sale for some time, always toying with the idea of keeping it. I had a serious buyer but unfortunatley that fell through so I put it up on Gumtree to swap for a camper or $5000. I got a call from a guy down in Coffs Harbour who had a coustom made trailor and had the camper made for it very keen to swap. I thought it would be some cheap old thing. But, its only a couple of years old and comes with everything, including solar, big 200 amp hour batteries, inverters, stainless kitchen, oven sink, 3 massive rooms, 2 9 meter tarps and poles ropes ect.. 85 liter water tank, coleman gas hotwater brand new in the box the list goes on and on..

Needless to say I think I got the good end of the deal,

post-1835-144598793497_thumb.jpg

post-1835-144598793509_thumb.jpg

post-1835-144598793518_thumb.jpg

post-1835-144598793522_thumb.jpg

Yeah I was dissapointed with the missed sale too. Had tidied it up a lot for the sale and was throwing alot of extras in but you get that, people have money issues sometimes and thats the way it is but im stoked with the camper and Ill get heaps of use out of it :-)

Bernie's always saying how much she wants a camper trailer and I had no idea how good they were till I read this post and seen the pics, you could go away for weeks comfortably in that rig.....That would have to be ten grand's worth surely? Looks like you really scored there mate!

Yeah mani, its not going up in the front yard anytime soon.. its cool though you can seperate and mix and match the rooms that go on it to set it up for wherever you are, its going to be a great weekend hunting trip rig, bit more glamerous than the swag..

That's pretty cool you can mix & match - any idea how long it will take you to setup the whole thing?

Yeah max, it was about ten all up. And Mani, it takes about 45 minutes to do all three rooms, under half an hour to do just the camper and kitchen. Everything for the whole camper, rooms, tarps ect are all on top so the whole trailer underneath bar the kitchen is free for taking all the other bits and pieces you need for a big trip, The solar panel easily charges the battery during the day too so you could go pretty remote with it as well I think..

All things to look forward to.

Mate if you do finish that project on a motorbike trailer id love to see it that would be pretty cool to see.

I may need to have a closer look at yours so I get some better ideas.... I'm thinking though that it should be in an area with abundant fishing or shooting opportunities :whistle: ;)

Mate if you do finish that project on a motorbike trailer id love to see it that would be pretty cool to see.

I may need to have a closer look at yours so I get some better ideas.... I'm thinking though that it should be in an area with abundant fishing or shooting opportunities :whistle: ;)

Sounds like a plan mate, that can be arranged if you'd like, you taking your bird dog back to the states?

Sounds like a plan mate, that can be arranged if you'd like, you taking your bird dog back to the states?

I'm pretty sure we are going to have to get a new dog. I had Tremor staying with my sister and she sent him to a shelter because he had too much energy for her retarded rescue dogs (I'm not kidding, 2 of the dogs were retarded) to keep up. I may try to find out where he is, but I'm sure he has been trained into a lapdog by this point. :(

Archived