AFO shirt finally gets a bit of mojo happening

rosstralia46

so posted up a few days ago i was keen to hit the luderick down the coast amd tai said hed be in for a few hours before he had to go back to work :sick: and close up. unfortunately with tafe finishing at 4 and traffic and then the drive down i wouldnt have enough time to get weed as i dont have any solid areas where i can get it and being night would also be difficult. so we decided to try the upper end of the goldy for some breambos in a spot of mine. threw the castnet in a usually productive spot for one big herring and a hardy head.

post-7093-144598797599_thumb.jpg

so got to the spot and tai was already there and kindly offered me a headlamp and a drink :) so we started fishing and i started berlying up. not long after tai hooks up to good fish which wraps him around a pilon but some swift work got him away and up pops a nice 30cm breambo.

post-7093-144598797565_thumb.jpg

post-7093-144598797576_thumb.jpg

post-7093-144598797583_thumb.jpg

so we threw the lines out again and tried a range of different baits and tactics for not alot before it started spitting and not long after it started pouring down so we grabbed the gear and headed for cover. luckily enough it only lasted 20 mins or so and we got back into it and the bream were much more active and it wasnt long before tai yells he's on only to see this big bream go stright for the pilon and bust him off. he re rigged and it wasnt long before another big brem had done him around the pilon again. i finally got off the donut with a very fat little bream and soon after another

post-7093-144598798011_thumb.jpg

i then got done by a big bream as well and then unfortunately the bit quitenend down for a little bit and tai had to go. and insisted i kept the headlamp for the night. thanks once again mate. so i kept on fishing and then landed another lil pike eel my second for the night :evil: he flicked off and then it was the bream again and every cast was taken almost immediately or hooked a bream. most were only small around 20-23cm but all good looking healthy fighting bream and after a bout 45mins of hooking about 15 bream and dropping a couple of better one my lined took off as i hooked onto another solid fish. almost my whole rod was under the water trying to manouvre this bream away from the pilon and he must have been close but up popped a nice 34cm fat healthy bream. :lol:

post-7093-144598798001_thumb.jpg

not a monster but a very nice bream and the best i have got in a while after that i decided to call it quits and head home at a reasonable hour for tafe the next day. all and all a good night and good to meet up with another great member of the community and another mate for sure. B)

Hahaha Brian I was goin to offer Ross a free set of nails but I was afraid he might push me overboard! I did hear that cassowary birds are scared of the colour red though, so my offer still stands Brian :P

Guys, Ross is a top bloke to fish with and a gentleman! He tried to get some weed (not what u smoke) for some luderick but wasn't able to, however very kind enough to get some live bait.

It was lucky that I even was able to fish for an hour as we had a busy day but hey, fishing comes first.

Got to also show off my new toy to Ross too... We were seeing boats 500 metres away in the dark, Clearly! Think I spun Ross out with torch.

The bream were certainly on the bite there Ross, I can't believe how hard they smashed those aussie banana prawns courtesy of woolworths! There is some definitely big one in there and I'm sure there is a 40ish model in there!! It was nice to get onto some bream again after a series of donuts.

Mate thanks for your company, and hope to catch up again soon.

Cheers

Mate that torch was unreal you could land plains with that thing and thank you very much Taib your a top bloke will definitely have to land some of those monsters next time and have to do it again soon thank you for a great night mate.

And Brian I was hoping for some nice nails but unfortunately Taib was to into fishing :silly:

Archived