snapper on sp's

Lachie

hey guys i was wondering if anyone has had much luck using soft plastics for snapper? i want to try sp'ing for snapper but i have no idea what sp's to use and what size jig heads if anyone can plz help me out it'dbe very much appreciated !

i have never caught a snapper on bait.. 100 percent of plastics..

Depends where you are fishing? what deepth and so on.. butt

for shallow reefy area's ( mud, Peel and the islands around the bay) i would be using 3inch armor shads in mobei, skin blue or ox blood.. By far my fav soft plastic.. jighead around 1/16th 1/0 ( water 1-5m)

or with abit stronger current and deeper water, 5 inch armor shads in same colours with a TT 1/4th jighead 5/0 ( depending on deepth again for the actually size of the jighead)

good luck

Snapper love plastics and most other artificial as well but it depends on whether you're in the bay or offshore as the bay tends to be a bit easier to score a Snapper on a plastic where as the offshore scence can be a bit harder due to depths and current. For the bay I like a 1/12-1/4 jighead and smaller 3 inch plastics in minnow styles for offshore you can use anything from 1/2-2 oz and plastics up to seven inches in size you just need to experiment or keep an eye on people's reports with Snapper in them and see what they used to catch them.

Cheers

Mark

U can't go wrong as a starting point with some 3inch nuke chicken colour jerk shads. They will catch almost anything. But I love the 3 inch damiki armor shad currently

3inch jerk shads you say? haha never heard of these before :whistle:

Archived