legal still

faulked

Its illegal to use any still to produce alhohol. YOu can however legal to produce essential oils with the max size still of 5 ltrs.

But remember its only bad if you get caught. There has been no prosecution in Australia to date. I figure its safe unless you start to sell the booze.

Most shops around here that do home brew will distilation towers for "water purification" and then sell you a seperate 25L boiler to brew beer with. They are not illegal to own unless they are togther(takes about 4-6 hours to drop a batch) then seperate it again. I think they still retail for around 700 bucks. and once mixed with chips and some flavour make a great winter warmer, or so i have heard on the grape vine :whistle: :P

But you Honor, I was only purifying water I just don't know how it became 98% alcohol !!!!!

The problem with many home "water purifiers" is that they don't take enough care doing it.

Can cause some serious loud noises and flames not to mention the lousy quality of purified water which could be no good for your health!!!

The quality is there if you take your time and do it right. The only danger with a comercially manufactured still is the fumes, as they have a sealed heat coil preventing the explosions and stuff, unless you smoke around the fumes lol. there are some really good copies that can be brewed. if you would like details of a good home brew shop pm me for details

I think everyone has pretty much covered it. If you are at all technically inclined may I suggest you build your own. There are a heap of plans and information available on homedistiller.org.

Building your own you will achieve far quicker turnover and better quality. It will cost you a few hundred dollars in copper and bits and pieces and you will need a stainless keg for a boiler.

mate I've still got one that I may sell I've had it on the site before I've made Sotch flavoured lavender, Bourbon flavoured Oil and all sorts of Liquors flavouvered scents. let me know if youre interested its a great setup with all the gear to go with it? :whistle:

Also don't try to make a copy of a popular product, come up with your own blend. Copies usually don't quite make the cut. Having a bit of a play you will come up with a far superior product compared to the rum, scotch, etc you can buy straight off the shelf.

Had some awesome apricot whisky a while back. That stuff is the best spirit I have ever tasted.

Archived