Sunday @ the pin

STU

Most of you may have read this but thought I should do the right thing and move it to the right section.

Got to the Jacobs Well ramp at about 5.45am and meet up with Mojo (Jo). We had to fight our way through the crowd at the ramp before getting the boat in just as the sun was coming up. Took off and just had a relaxing run out to the Pin, took it nice and slow as there are always heaps of sand banks and I always seem to find them.

Made it out to the pig sticks and took a number with about 5 or 7 other boats fishing the same spot. All the other boats seemed to be doing o.k. and were getting plenty of bream. Mojo managed 2 or 3 little bream that were undersized. Got sick of this and headed off to a little spot I had herd about.

This place looked like Flathead country, with a mud wall either side of a little creek flowing out and a bit of a channel before another sand bank. After a few casts I had a prawn get nailed in about 1 foot of water and up came my first flatty for the day she went 55cm and put up a good fight on the 6lb gear, I had a smile from ear to ear. Mojo then proceeded to throw a prawn right on the same spot while I was putting mine in the esky and got hit as soon as it touched the water. He pulled up a nice 45cm flatty. Yeah fish each in the esky.

pintrip_02.jpg

pintrip_05.jpg

A little while later I hear Jo saying he’s on again but it was just a small one, I turned around and saw a monster lizard of about 80cm, that’s not a small one. Turns out the big one was chasing the little one that was hooked if I had of been quicker I reckon I could have got him with the gaff.

Had a few more bites but not much happening so it was time to try Mojo’s spot x, headed up the river to what looked like a big sand bank. Are you sure this is the spot. Proceeded to travel over a big sand bank in about 2 foot of water when all of a sudden up pops a hidden channel of 7 – 9 foot and only a couple of meters wide and about 30 meters long.

It only took about 5minutes and we were on to some small flattys. Mine was 30 cm followed 2 sec later by Mojo with a 39cm. About 20min went by before the action started again. I managed another 55cm specimen and about 10 min later Mojo upgraded to a 50cm flat chap.

pintrip_09.jpg

pintrip_13.jpg

Gave the spot another half hour before heading off to the meet and greet. Good to put faces to names and sounded like everyone had a great day on the water I know we did. I can highly recommend Mojo (Jo) as a deckie karma to you my friend.

Awesome shot Master Sardines! Im really sorry i was late. We also had Tristan, Tristan (not a double up there were two of them), Steve Wilkes, Andrew Matis, Dylan and myself turn up a little late.

Mate would be able to email that one to me? angus@bribanefishing.com.au

Any other good shots would be appreciated as i think this trip was big enough to warrant its own article in Bush & Beach, or at least the front page :)

Angus

Archived