Coloured disco lights

max pwr

Hey guys.....I bought my first tinnie just sfter xmas and spent some time fitting it out with some led striplights which are fantastic, a short strip of ultrabright under my sounder mount and some slightly dimmer ones under each seat and also up the front.

They're fantastic whilst anchored and fishing at night but problem is that they're a bastard for making me night blind and no way can I navigate with them on. So I decided to replace most of them with this.

post-5844-144598811636_thumb.jpg

they're coloured led lights that come with a remote control with a zillion functions, the main one being that I can switch from bright white light to a red light and also has a dimmer function so I can fully adjust illumination to suit my mood :kiss: pretty sexy. Also as I mentioned in my thanks to Mad Mullet for my trailer repairs I can emulate some rocking disco techno lighting effects should the mood arise whilst on the water. :silly: :silly:

Hopefully I'll have time today to fit them but if not I'll get around to it next week and i'll post up some pics of them in action.

You can buy the full kit or each component seperatly off ebay. Quite a few cheap ones from china. I would get a set myself for the boat if I had a wide gunnel. Going to get a set to pimp the missus kitchen and patio soon but.

If your using standard LED's the remote wont work with it, you need RGB LED's so the full kit may be the go.

hey thats pretty cool. being able to dim the led would be sweet.

hey another thing never navigate with a red light with in your sight or periferal vision. you go night blind instantly and for ages after you cant distingish colours at all.

use a head lamp with the red led mode and muck around you'll see what i mean.try read a colourful book it will look grey and white.

Got mine from " the Aussie bloke" has an eBay store if you're interested they come with a power supply but if you've got a 12v battery ( like on your boat ) he'll swap the power supply for a 500mm strip of bright white LEDs. He actually fits all my electronic stuff at my shop and can customize pretty much anything to suit whatever application. I was a bit reluctant to post this stuff as I'm not trying to flog stuff for him as he already sells bulk but thought you guys may be interested ........if its a problem at all I'll remove the post.

Mick

If you have. Ormal LEDs just put a variable resistor in the power line to use as a dimmer

hmmm dimable dash lights. B) jaycar hear i come,thankyou shortie.

edit- just looked at the jaycar catalog i grabed from the front counter a while back there like 3 bucks each if ya buy more than 5 of em, thats cheap as :woohoo: B)

Archived