NPD trolling lures

bersim

Have been keeping an eye out for them at Big W at Strathpine Westfield but no joy over the last few weeks.

May months ago, I was lucky enough to get there soon after they put out a new display box. The plastic stoppers that hold the lures on the hangers weren't even removed.

Had a field day topping up my stock of Flicker shads (2 sizes) and their poppers.

If the bass are on the chew like they usualy are this time of the year the choice of lures doesnt realy matter. First of all its not much use trolling 8 mt lures if the bass are at 2mt. You pic a starting point and keep a keen eye on your sounder to try to work out what depth the bass are sitting at, I change lures several times while chasing bass and I also change my track I take quite often, no good getting locked into a track if the bass are sitting on the other side of the dam, bass move around a lot here today gone tomorrow. Flikashads are working OK at the moment, they come in 4 sizes 4,5,6 and 7 cm If you are unsure how far down your lure is going then test it on an area that is clear of snags, for a 3mt lure take your boat into that water depth and let a little line out at a time until you see the lure bumping on the bottom, then you now know how much line to let out before it catches the bottom.Trial and error its the only way to learn what your lures are doing, this goes for working out what colour works on what day and what time of that day as well.

Dino

Archived