Port Security - What's the go?

woody1

Yanks have always been a bit touchy and certainly have a shoot first ask questions later kind of military. Even worse since the Cole and 911.

[attachment=53607]submachinegun.jpg[/attachment]

Had the coppers sicked onto me early one morning by one of the US warships a few years back. They weren't happy with me running along on a dreary morning just after dawn without lights. I guess I kind of fit the "look" enough to have made them nervous :lol:

What ? A long haired pig ? :pinch: :side: :silly:

:lol: sounds like they were just watching you and following for fun :lol: as said all ready, they will tell you when you are too close and ask you to move out. I like the port utes making a presence at the ramps ,as it helps for protection of your car and trailer :cheer:

Yanks have always been a bit touchy and certainly have a shoot first ask questions later kind of military. Even worse since the Cole and 911.

Had the coppers sicked onto me early one morning by one of the US warships a few years back. They weren't happy with me running along on a dreary morning just after dawn without lights. I guess I kind of fit the "look" enough to have made them nervous :lol:

I find that avatar offensive to animal rights activists, vegetarians, police, miss piggy, hippies and islam, remove your avatar.

These blokes have a very hard job to do, and constantly put up with people trying to push the boundaries :P. I personally don't mind having a yarn to them, and appreciate seeing them on the water. The land based blokes in the utes are always polite, and pass on info of areas that are okay to fish.

I say well done on doing a tough job, and maintaining the patience that would escape me!!!

Just my thoughts,

Ryan.

Add an Osama Bin Fishing type beard and you get the picture :woohoo:

I know they have a list of persons of interest which they will watch you once you have been identified also its worth knowng they have the brisbane river under high tech survelience from the end of fisherman island to breakfast creek and all cameras areas overlap i have been briefed on the survelience they do down at the port so you can't get away with to much.

Oops. Better start crossing the legs a bit more often :blush: :blush: Don't want to end up on the Christmas reel!

I know they have a list of persons of interest which they will watch you once you have been identified also its worth knowng they have the brisbane river under high tech survelience from the end of fisherman island to breakfast creek and all cameras areas overlap i have been briefed on the survelience they do done at the port so you can't get away with to much.

best part is they now know who Moses is and what cars to look out for at the ramp

He hasnt learnt his lesson. He still goes back there all the time. Still crosses bridge to fish otherside. I seen him there several times on my way back at nights. Called security several times but he hides when they come down.

best part is they now know who Moses is and what cars to look out for at the ramp

He hasnt learnt his lesson. He still goes back there all the time. Still crosses bridge to fish otherside. I seen him there several times on my way back at nights. Called security several times but he hides when they come down.

they should wheel clamp his car

There were atleast 4 people fishing over that side last night crossing the train tracks loaded up with fishing gear!

This thread has confirmed what I have always thought when fishing the river - the security guys will only hassle you if you are doing the wrong thing, which is why I was so surprised the day I went out. I have been told they were training a new skipper the day I was out, as we were the only boat we saw out there all day, I suppose that explains it!

You hear lots of bad stories, but I was fishing near one of the wharves one day a coouple of months ago and the port security boat came towards me. I immediately thought I had drifted too close and was going to be in the poo. The boat pulled up near me and the guys had a chat about who was catching what and where, then gave me a friendly wave and left. A bit like speeding fines etc, if you are doing the right thing you should have no problems.

Archived