Pflueger Trion & Shimano Sienna

Proffs

Hey guys, I'm looking at getting a cheap new combo to try and work out how to fish plastics properly, as well as use it as my all rounder for the usual estuary stuff. Pretty sure I'm gonna go for a Pflueger Trion 7' 2-4kg matched with a Shimano Sienna 2500. AnglersWarehouse.com have it for $146.50 (plus $15 postage).

Anybody got any comments/suggestions about the gear or anglers warehouse? Motackle.com have the exact same price. Would this setup handle any of the bigger stuff that might hit me like jew or threadies?

Cheers

Proffs

Hi Proffs,

the Sienna are good little reels but if your budget allows for it, I would also recommend the Stradic FJ. IMO its value for money, very smooth with plenty of guts to spare.

Owned a Trion before in the past and I rate it pretty highly too.

hope that helps

glenn

Hey mate

Good combo for the money, I have had Trion's over the years and currently run a Symetra for the past few years and I have ABUSED (its been to the bottom of the river twice!) the poor little 2500 to the point where I actually feel quite sorry for the thing!

I would go 4 pound on the braid and 4,6-8 on the leader, you will get the lightness of touch but still stop the bigger flatties and travally's etc.

Good luck!

I saw a combo in the BCF catalogue where it had a Shimano Symetre 2500 matched with a Sahara rod for $149. You're pretty much getting the rod for FREE!!
/>http://www.bcf.com.au/catalogue/queensland/qld-catalogue-list.aspx

Also saw at Tackle Ware House in Cooparoo that you can pick up a Sedona 2500 matched with a Raider series rod for $199!!! Pretty good value for money right there!!!
/>http://tackleware.cart.net.au/details/3504492.html

Mate you won't be disappointed with a trion/sienna combo. Great little setup.

Just make sure you keep the warranty and receipt for the reel as the drag clicker is quite easy to break and it can't be replaced. If it happens just send it back to shimano and they should fix you up with a new spool or reel under the 5 year warranty.

Just make sure you keep the warranty and receipt for the reel as the drag clicker is quite easy to break and it can't be replaced. If it happens just send it back to shimano and they should fix you up with a new spool or reel under the 5 year warranty.

I love my Sienna reels... Have had one broken drag clicker but havent bothered getting it repaired yet. Anyone got a spare 1000 receipt?

I love my Sienna reels... Have had one broken drag clicker but havent bothered getting it repaired yet. Anyone got a spare 1000 receipt?

You can email Shimarno fishing and they can send you out a new spool for free :)

Archived