Driving with thongs the foot type

Gazza

I was a involved in driver education for 2 years and to attain my licence in Vic Had to know the Road craft manual and police manual word for word and oddly enough there is no stipulation of what Kind of foot wear is required to take charge of a motor vehicle

actually the licence testers in vic used to recomend the girl take their high heels off and drive bare foot :silly:

just some interesting facts betweens States

Gaz

You should try driving in the Northern Territory!

You can drive as fast as you like (no spped limit out in the desert), half pissed (legal limit of 0.08) with your 14 year old girlfriend sitting next to you (14 years old was the legal age of consent). :silly:

I think they recently changed a few of these laws.:blink: :laugh:

Yeh I heard on Triple J the other day that they have put in 130kph and 110kph zones. No more unlimited :(

Everyone is going nuts about it up there cause from what I can remember, in the couple of months since they have been enforceing it, it hasn't changer the road toll numbers.

Joel ;)

When I was in Darwin at Christmas the local were seriously annoyed by the incoming 130kph limit. They reckoned that it would take forever to get anywhere \"dawdling\" along at 130k.

I don't think my boat trailer would hold together too long at that pace over Qld roads!

When Travelling in NT I witnessed Bikes doing well over 200k's/p/h

When your trying to overtake some crawler doin 80 and you have a safe top speed of 95 (23 foot van loaded behind ya) and your trying to pass when a dot appears in front of you and it going that fast :woohoo:

Gaz

dhess wrote:

You should try driving in the Northern Territory!

You can drive as fast as you like (no spped limit out in the desert), half pissed (legal limit of 0.08) with your 14 year old girlfriend sitting next to you (14 years old was the legal age of consent). :silly:

I think they recently changed a few of these laws.:blink: :laugh:

DHESS.... I think you and I need to have a talk....LOL

As far as I know there is no restriction on type of footwear you are permitted and not permitted to drive in here in QLD. However (dont you like it, that there is always a however) if involved in an collision or the like and your footwear or lack of is deemed a contributing factor, then there could be smoke and fire.

DHESS - I havent forgotten the Techni Ice too. Are you going to Noosa?

Archived