Offshore Kingfish Mahem blooding in the new rod

tugger

Headed offshore from brisvegas today with some more AFO crew Left the ramp at 0400 with Lance and Richard. The bay was like glass and the bar was flat as a tack stopped and got a couple of buckets of live yakkas then headed to our spot.

Anchored up and started to burley while sending out a few livies then floatlining pillies and it wasnt long before we had our first hiton the livies but they were not playing nice and the first couple of brutes bust us on the reef. 3 rods ended up going off and we got all 3 to the boat after giving us some mahem for a while with fish going everywhere but soon enough we boated 3 yellowtail kingies around the 60cm+ and 70cm+.

Richard first kingie ever going 73cm tickeld him pink

post-4390-144598867247_thumb.jpg

post-4390-144598867257_thumb.jpg

The big rod went off and Richard took control of that this thing was getting some grunts and groans out of him and he looked a bit worried when asked to hold it up for a photo

post-4390-144598867262_thumb.jpg

I had out with me a new rod that i picked up for $100 off the site here being a 6/0 penn senator and jig stickloaded with new line it soon had a big kingie testing it outbut it preformed great landing my 1m plus king

post-4390-144598867268_thumb.jpg

post-4390-144598867274_thumb.jpg

post-4390-144598867279_thumb.jpg

post-4390-144598867284_thumb.jpg

There were plenty of big kingies down below us with the school hiting us with 2 rods going off together a few times it was fun shuffling rods around each otherbut most of them won there freedom to the reef leaving us with no livies except for 1 last one that lance put on his rod.

Lamce added another kingie to the box with the last yakka plus a good moses perch and a pan sized snapper while we were out there and all up with glorious weather and a heap of fun on kingies that we could and couldnt stop the day was fantastic with good company and blooding in the new rod. We left the whales playground behind in the arvo and pointed the boat for home filleting our catch with a few coldies sunk and good yarns spun over the filleting table.

Here's the final tally

post-4390-144598867289_thumb.jpg

Thanks Mark and Richard for a great day in the office again.

Those unstoppables beat us again but we did give a few of them a damn good fight before they got us,lol

I don't know how many we lost all up but I know I need a new box of hooks and a sinker top up.

If the kings were not there in force today,the fishing would have been totally pathetic.

The bottom is dead and at times we could not even loose a bait to the pickers.

I did lose a big snapper about lunch time but that was about it for the day.

Well done to Richard for his first Hammer,King and a thumping big Remora.

3 new species and PB's in a session is a great effort.

Also thanks for the sore toes :P:P:P

Thanks again guys for a great day on the water.

PS: Mark,you forgot to mention being outfished by your deckie :P:P:P:P:P:P

Nice one boys, great kingies, especially that metre one Mark. Pretty sure when I went with you Mark there was a hammer hanging around there also wasn't there? Resident shark perhaps? Can't wait for Dad to retire down here with his boat so we can head out and have a crack at those kingies. Have only ever caught one. Enjoy the fillets!!

You only caught the little ones Lance i had to show you how to stop the bigger ones

Those unstoppables beat us again but we did give a few of them a damn good fight before they got us,lol

I don't know how many we lost all up but I know I need a new box of hooks and a sinker top up.

If the kings were not there in force today,the fishing would have been totally pathetic.

The rod and reel was bought off the site here second hand and came with 50lb line spooled right up those reels are pretty old but you just cant kill them i jumped at it when i saw it for sale here and was surprised it lasted most of the day without a reply on the post they were the gun reel of thier day

Congrats Tugger. That Kingie must have put up a great fight.

What line strength did you put on your new combo?

You only caught the little ones Lance i had to show you how to stop the bigger ones

SSHHHH,your not supposed to mention that bit,lol

Your home early today,how did you go down there.

Not really they are there most of the year the bigger ones should be around there more now its just fishing sometimes they bite in the morning sometimes its a late arvo/evening bite we used to find that when i did overnighters out there

Awesome stuff again on the kingies mark and crew do u find the snapper drop off during the warmer months or are just a bit shut down out there at the moment atleast u have the kingies to stretch ur arms either way

Just got a couple of hammer head sharks the water was very mirky which is why the sharks were hanging around got plenty of livies but couldnt convert them to cobes

SSHHHH,your not supposed to mention that bit,lol

Your home early today,how did you go down there.

Archived