Weber smoked pork ribs

max pwr

Yo, followed a link doobsy posted in response to Robins new smoker thread and I've been sussing out amazingribs.com over the last week or so. With the storms about I've spent the arvo siphoning home brew into my guts whilst giving a recipe on the site a red hot go. :)

So I've got three kilos of pork ribs trimmed and the membrane removed, rubbed with BBQ spice sitting over a tray with water in it. On the opposite side of the weber I've got some coals under a couple chunks of hickory smoking perfectly at 225 farehnheit , then after 4 hours ill brush it with some BBQ bourbon marinade and grill it on the gas BBQ meanwhile ill do some jacket potatoes on the weber and serve it all with bulk sour cream.

This is as close as I can get to " last meal ribs. " as I can manage this arvo.

If I remember I'll take a pic of the final product.

Cheers :blink:

I reckon a brine soak is unnecessary. Especially if you throw in a Texas Crutch.

My ribs are based on two recipes that I've tweaked over the years;

1. Meatheads Memphis Dust for the dry rub left for 24 hours &

2. Kansas City Classic BBQ Sauce

Both found on the amazing ribs website.

I've taken heaps of photos of the process and result and have been meaning to post up a recipe/how-to for ages. You might have just given me a shove.

Well done and hope you enjoyed 'em, they look great. ;)

Pic of the ribs after 3 1/2 hours smoking...... Need to sort out a decent dry rub and maybe soak in brine prior to cooking next time.

[attachment=57786]image_2012-11-17.jpg[/attachment]

Looks like a new hobby for me :)

That website had some good dry rub recipes in there
/>http://www.amazingribs.com/recipes/rubs_pastes_marinades_and_brines/meatheads_memphis_dust.html

Gotta get all the photos together then the post will take close to an hour...

Been up since 3am chasing Jacks but only landed a few bream and a pretty good estuary GT and now I'm currently nursing a scotch.

Keep an eye out for the recipes tomorrow. ;)

Rob, that's the base recipe for my Magic Dust rub :)

Been up since 3am chasing Jacks but only landed a few bream and a pretty good estuary GT and now I'm currently nursing a scotch.

But im drunk and hungry now !! :lol:

But im drunk and hungry now !! :lol:

LOLZ! :lol:

Be thankful that I don't put it up now then. It's a long, loving, process and the photos will only perpetuate your hunger.

In the mean-time, make yourself a cheese toastie. :P

Archived