Secrets on the Lake Montville

Surfingant

My partner Desiree and I have just spent 3 nights at Montville for our 10th stay at Secrets and I thought I'd share a few pics of the cabins and location in case any of you SNAGs out there are looking for somewhere romantic to take your better halves :kiss:

Secrets on the Lake is located right on Lake Baroon and all the treehouse cabins have a view of some part of the Lake, they all feature custom carvings, spas and log fireplaces, it really is one of the most beautiful places in SE Qld and we always find it hard to leave. I never usually get much fishing in there but did manage an arvo session land based for not much luck, they have canoes available for use on the lake so if you want you can get out for a flick. Anyway here's a few pics.

post-7024-144598882846_thumb.jpg

post-7024-144598882859_thumb.jpg

post-7024-14459888287_thumb.jpg

post-7024-144598882881_thumb.jpg

You can see the lake is down a fair bit atm.

post-7024-14459888289_thumb.jpg

Only a few spanglies for my efforts, you can see the Angus Gorrie method of presentation makes the fish appear quite large :whistle:

post-7024-144598882901_thumb.jpg

post-7024-14459888291_thumb.jpg

Loch Ness Monster??

post-7024-14459888292_thumb.jpg

post-7024-144598882929_thumb.jpg

post-7024-144598882939_thumb.jpg

Please turn your computer screens to the side to view some photos :pinch: :silly: Des seems to like taking them that way and I'm too lazy to edit them ;)

Cheers Ant :)

No there is no private area to the lake for any of the cabins, there are only 10 cabins and no access to the public on the grounds so it is quite private, I wouldn't be nuding up though if that's what you had in mind, which you probably did :P

If you want private lake access the only place we have stayed at that has it is Eumarella Shores on Lake Weyba, I prefer Secrets though, once you've stayed there you'll know why.

I'm sure I saw some private courtyard type thing when I was over that way in Ray's boat one time.
No, there is a boathouse and jetty, a rock pool garden and a small swing seat hut down there but all are accessible for all the guests.
The thought of me nuding up scares even me. Actually I feel a bit sick at the thought lol
Don't worry, I'm feeling sick at the thought too :sick:

Mate I have no problem nuding up on Main Beach at Surfwhores.

OH GOD PLEASE DON'T!!

But thats another story - I'm more interested in the "Angus Gorrie" method you speak of, please tell more.

This method was introduced to me by another luminary of bfo, I'll let him elaborate, needless to say it is an excellent method to use when the fish is not of the expected stature :whistle: :pinch:

I think I know that luminary Mr Gant, I'll have a word to myself later.

Mate I have no problem nuding up on Main Beach at Surfwhores.

But thats another story - I'm more interested in the "Angus Gorrie" method you speak of, please tell more.

Do you have a problem with things looking rather small Kreel??

In fact I do Mr Rax, when I nude up for a fishing session, my tackle in hand inevitably makes my head look smaller.

Binder did you drop a shrimp pot in near the grounds on the right hand side? If so it's out of the water.

No, my 4 pots are on the otherside of the dam from the Cabins. I keep them next to my fishing spot, the point to the right of the no fishing zone. I did find 2 out of water a fortnight ago, dam dropped about 8 foot in a week.

If you stay up there again, your welcome to paddle over in one of their canoes / yaks and help yourself to some shrimp, I leave the pots in all the time. Just paddle back toward the point about 20 feet from the closest pot, anywhere between there and the point will see a few bass at the moment.

Archived