Where to fish moreton bay

jhedrick

Hey guys,

I work in the mining industry and am all figity because I havent gotten my fish on in such a while. I was wondering if you guys had any tips on where to go out in moreton bay? I was thinking of using soft plastics and metal spoons on the other side of peel island. Just got a new rod so i am aiming for fish over the 50 cm mark. After something tasty, so maybe snapper. Any suggestions of where to go, what type of bait/lures. I have order a heap of the 5 inch fish arrow shads and wanted to give them a try. Its probably a 12 foot tinny that is stable but cant take too much pounding from waves.

Any help ius better then none, I hope you guys are out fishing enjoying this sun because its 10 times better then wearing long sleeve fluros,pants and working.

Hey mate,

Firstly - any more details on your boat? 12foot tinny and what motor do you have on the back?

Here are some options:

* Port of Brisbane / Mouth of the Brisbane River Rockwall

* Mud Island

* Wellington Point

* Green Island

* Peel Island - Artificial reefs

If you launch at viccy point:

* Coochie Island

* Macleay

* Goat

* Dunwich

You can probably find snapper at all of these spots but they'll more than likely still be in the squire category. I have seen good fish come from the peel arti's so maybe give them a go. Obviously all the spots above are weather/boat dependent so pick your days and goodluck.

Forgot about the lures woops - I'd be using those 5" Flash J's and bounce them around dropoffs etc, pick jighead to suit the depth and current. If that fails throw some topwater and hardbodies over the flats.

All the best & be sure to write up a report

The one thing i love about this site is that everyone is so helpful. Appreciate it guys, I have no reception out here at the moment and the wifi is down but i will download that app as soon as the wifi is up and running again. I cant believe I havent seen this artificial reef when i have been fishing out there. Kinda explains why there are boats always hanging around those areas. Thanks again guys

hi mate, we ma squire all over 40 cm from wello point the other afternoon.

If you head out the lead markers and look left you will see a red beacon. as you dont have a sounder i would anchor to the south of it by arounf 60m this should set you somewhere around the drop off.

As its abit hard with tide, current direction and all of the like to make sure you are over the drop eactly try floating your baits out to cover more distance.

I'm sure youll pick something up as it was a seriously ho bite the other afternoon/dusk for about a hour!

best thing, if the wind gets up or anything or the rain comes then its only a 10 minute journey to the cover of the ramp

Callum

Yeah im keen man. I have a nice little tinny and i think i will do a bit of a camp on peel. See how the weather holds back when i come back though. Usually turns to sh@t when i come back and is f@king amazing when i leave. Also have a boat i need to pick up from melbourne sometime. fibre glass so i wont be able to do stupid stuff in it anymore.

Archived