Gotta make the wife happy ;)

chubbstar

While out shopping Sunday arvo I dragged my wife and kids into BCF, Thought I would buy a brag mat. While walking through my wife spotted a pink Ugly Stick.

To my amazement she demanded I buy it for her there and then. Now you guys with wifes know how it is. We beg to buy fishing gear (well I do) with a lot of hard work involved to \"get what we need;) \".

So I had to play the game with her. Trying not to show how happy I was that she is showing interest in fishing, I said NO:angry: , Well she came out with some of the best excuses I have ever heard as to why I should buy it for her :kiss: .

I'm gunna write some down for future use when I \"need Tackle\".

Anyways I've got her a 6'6\" 2p 3-6kg pink Ugly Stick. I'm gunna match it with a Okuma HF60 5.2-1 reel with 12 pound braid.

I know some dont like Okuma but I have a EFS 580 thats been great.

So guys what do you think about the match? Is the reel matched ok with the rod or should I go smaller/bigger? She will only be using it with bait.:huh:

Post edited by: chubbstar, at: 2007/08/27 04:38

:blink: pink rod'n'reel.

Next it will be pink braid then nice little pink flower stickers for the boat:unsure:

I'll look into that reel though sounds promising, only thing is I have a couple of 8 and 13 year old daughters, I can see them \"demanding\" (get that from their mum) the same rig :ohmy: .

Brag mat is gunna cost me Big $$$ :whistle:

Fashion statements in fishing?

One of my (female) deckies uses a ruby red Echelon rod, red Echelon reel, insisted it be loaded with red line, clips on a red Boomerang and wears red fingernail polish and red clothes fishing to make it all a matching ensemble.

Look for the photos is a future product review.

[img size=200]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/IMG_2503_2_tiny.jpg

post-108-144598425967_thumb.jpg

Schultzy wrote:

Fashion statements in fishing?

One of my (female) deckies uses a ruby red Echelon rod, red Echelon reel, insisted it be loaded with red line, clips on a red Boomerang and wears red fingernail polish and red clothes fishing to make it all a matching ensemble.

Look for the photos is a future product review.

But is that her lucky outfit for catching fish? Who here can say they dont a fish catching shirt,or hat, or Y fronts....

Not all of them Michael, just the ones people notice.;)

I used to have a rule that you had to wear a thong to fish from my boat.

Had to change that after one of my \"aesthetically challenged\" (PC term for butt ugly) fishing mates reckoned he’d wear one to come fishing.

Rule #1 now reads, “Must look good in a thongâ€Â.:whistle:

chubbstar wrote:

:woohoo: When can I go fishing with you Schultzy?

I have a black leather thong and fish net stockings, :evil: I'm just waiting for a special occasion to wear them.;)

Ohhhh eeeeeewwwwww!!!

But cant wait to see the tinnie with the frangipanni stickers on the side and the little crystal sun catcher hanging off the bimini top.

Chubbs, are you going all queer on me?

• 4 weeks later...

Schultzy wrote:

Jayson,

Score some brownie points!

Shakespeare make a pink reel to match that rod. The PI 035 holds about 150m of 4kg mono, has an anti twist bail roller and an alloy spool.

How much would she like the matching outfit?

I've looked everywhere for this reel even the Shakespeare web site. I could'nt find it :huh: .

Went back to Tackle World today asking about the reel again (2nd time this week) and \"BINGO\", 1 pink reel on order. But instead of the 3500 I got the 5000. We tried the 3500 and 5000 on the same type of rod and had the wife handle them. She liked the 5000 :kiss: .

The guys there gave me %15 off the book price. Gotta be happy with that :woohoo:

Angus,

I always go to Tackle World first. Thier only up the road from me and mainly because they sponcer this site:) Some of their tackle is a bit more expensive BUT they have service second to none.

I know that it sounds like a bit of an advertisment but they are that damn good!

Other places have sale's people (no idea about fishing) Tackle World's guys fish all the timeand know thier stuff.

With Schultzy, Tackle World and the hints and tips from all the members (many I call friends) at AFO I have all I need.;)

Thats why I love this site and will do what I can to help keep it moving along strong.:) The site helps new to Brisbane fishos like me.

:blush: Thats my rant for the day:blush:

Archived