Fly cherry popped

Keen-as-fisho

Had a plan for this morning to hit Glouchester Island again, as the last trip there I found a very nice shallow reef out in the open that drops away and there was a solid pack of GT's cruising the edge, but that plan went out the window due to the very low tide. The ramp at Dingo beach has nothing at low tide last trip there I had to back the fourbie a good 40m in the drink just to get a bit of water to retrieve. So anyway I hit Shute Harbour and still struggled to get the boat in the water but managed in the end, there is no water up here on low tide :( Started just across at the first lot of small islands flicking plastics without a lot of luck so cracked out the wand and attempted a few casts. Getting cranky with my lame casting ability I was about to give up when whack I got a fish. Well fart me what a way to catch a fish in 300mm of water above sharp reef :woohoo: Learnt heaps of that one fish and spent a good hour practising at the end of the session with a few hits but nothing stuck. Oh and to top it off the fly the fish was caught came out of Tomcas kit B) Thanks mate.

post-6136-144598886441_thumb.jpg

post-6136-144598886455_thumb.jpg

Also had a bit of a troll for a Macky but got harassed by heaps of undersized Trout and Cod.

post-6136-144598886464_thumb.jpg

I have a bit of a vid of today and I'll do my best to put it up at some stage.

Archived