Offshore this weekend

ONTHECHEW

Any one heading out this saturday, heading down this friday and will be dropping off and picking up some gear. Have a one day window for the next couple of weeks on this saturday, but wondering if anyone is heading out. Big tides, have heard on the news there is going to be big swell but most websites only have it at 2m and 10 seconds apart, with little to no wind.

Andrew

yeah it is everywhere. Bill is looking at the bar crossing course sunday but if that NE change gets higher I think he might try for the saturday

You doing the course this weekend BJ??

Man its all over the place atm.

It was showing so good for next wenesday and now winds up.

Hopefully it sorts itself out.

Bit hard to know for sure which way the weather will go, all the low pressure systems floating around tend to make it unpredictable. If the weather and swell are OK then Saturday should be excellent. Been plenty of Cobes caught in the bay and on the shallow reefs offshore. The marlin and dollies should be well worth the effort too, but I have haven't had any reports on wahoo for a week or so. Hopefully the southerlies of this week have brought the purple water back in close.

Andrew, the tides might not be your first pick for the GT's but I reckon after the little blow we've had this week, there should be a fish or two on the go. The Sevens will probably be standing up pretty well on the big tide, so pack plenty of tablets!

If the offshore doesn't work then there are cobia and kings up the inside of Moreton from Tangalooma north.

Duncan

Probably going to give it a miss, might have a quiet one catch up with a few people, as silly season starts are work for me on sunday, plus have a CEO visit on monday to add to the love...

Andrew

Duncs, will drop in and see you boys today or tomorrow, probably last time I will get to drop in the the current shop :(

So far it's still looking like tomorrow will be a good day. Swell is up but period between swells is decent. Hopefully there will be some wahoo hanging around the Dollies.

Let us know how you go tomorrow.

What time you guys leaving.

Im still thinking on going out sunday but see what it does tomorrow.

If it was my old boat i would have gone coz i was used it boat. Being out in 2 m swell in it before.

Im just not used to new one yet but once i am it should be good lol.

Shane

There is some big run out tides at the moment so anyone crossing the SPB take care.

The pressure waves will not be very nice during the peak of the run out,especially if hitting a 2m swell on the bar.

Low tide is at 4.10am on sunday. If you cross by 5 there should be some water in amity chanel.

Sunday morning is looking like better day now.

What you think lance.

Tides are good for heading out early Shane,just have to watch for any waves breaking across the outer bar if there is any Easterly direction in them.

I was told they are up to 4m offshore today so still a bit of a sea out there but it is abating quickly.

They are just awful for coming back in in the arvo expecially as the run outs are massive.

I'd be avoiding the main channel coming back in and crossing just south of the channel and coming in along the edge of it just out of the main flow to avoid the biggest of the pressure waves.

You would be silly to take your new boat out through the SPB in these conditions for a test run.

Last thing you need is to be towed across it if something does goes wrong.

I would do the Seaway if you wanted to go offshore this weekend for a test run,atleast its a lot safer if the worst does happen,especially when she may have some stale fuel in the tank at present.

i went out from mooloolaba on top catch for my xmas party.

seas were up a little but it wasn't uncomfortable and it calmed up during the day.

We fished mainly around murphys reef and managed to put a few pearlies, moses and a couple of AJ's in the box. biggest went close to 10kg. unfortunately my AJ was only 3kg but was still my first AJ ever so i was happy. also caught a red emperor just undersize also a first for me.

looking out my window toward the beach now, there is not a breath of wind and if the swell kept dropping overnight it will be a great day out there

Archived