My 11yo son craks his first Bass

Luvit

I took one of my son's (James) out yesterday late afternoon to see if he could get his first bass out of a kayak and off the surface. I tied on a soft shell cicada that walks real easy.

His casting has surprised me and yesterday it paid off. After landing it as near as possible to the snag he twiched it a couple of times, letting it settle between twitches and as soon as the retreive started BANG he was on! Of late most if not all fish have hit within the first meter of bank or snag. So casting accurately is critcal to success.

He caught 2 x bass one just under 30cm and the other just over. The best thing was I caught it all on video from the hit to the release under water. :) Down side is i don't have any photos to post. :(

Seeing the joy on his face is great and to have it on video so we can relive the moment over and over is priceless.

He can't wait to go again, just like his dad. Oh yeah i caught a turtle.

Turtle man Live action. :woohoo:

It's pretty easy.

Best thing to do would be to download some editing software if you don't already have some basic stuff as part of your software suite.

There's usually instructional videos on YouTube or the makers of the software may have some.

Best tip is to make a copy or two of the video file and play around with the copy.

Then you don't have to worry about losing any footage.

Another option is you can drop round to my place and I can help you whip something up.

I'm on the south side if you're keen and off work til the 9th.

Shoot us a PM if you like.

Cheers. ;)

Oh yeah i caught a turtle.

Turtle man Live action. :woohoo:

Ye Ye Ye Live action :lol::lol::lol::lol: Great work on the bass, my Dad can really relate to the joy you experienced in seeing your son catch the bass. (He reckons after a while you will get a bit sick of being out fished though! :lol::lol: :silly:

James

Great stuff taking the kids out.

Mine are getting good enough they think they are good, so pretty soon it will be dad leaving them to their own thing instead of dad putting them on to the spot, dad letting them have first chop at fishy water, dad selecting lures, tying leaders etc etc.

That should bring them back down to earth pretty quick ;)

A member has contacted me via Pm explaining they can't see the video and they are using a Mac computer.

Is any body else haveing the same problem?

Maybe an I.T guru could offer some suggestions to why this would be so. It shows up fine on my PC and i'm no expert so i don't know how to help them.

Archived