My current local

Keen-as-fisho

Lately I have been doing a fair bit of searching and once you get past the cane farmers there's a lot of water ways up here B) Anyway this one is just a local swimming hole that we end up at every arvo and as the sun sets I walk up stream.

post-6136-144598914796_thumb.jpg

post-6136-144598914808_thumb.jpg

There has been a lot of Tarpon lately in one particular pool so I\'ve been practicing with the fly but haven\'t landed one yet apart from using surface lures. This morning the Tarpon were not around or just not interested however the sooties were around B) Got this beauty on the surface and a few smaller sooties as well.

post-6136-144598914817_thumb.jpg

I have been hitting it just before sunrise and sunset and find that the morning the fish take better to the surface lures and the arvos have been getting more interest from the fly, this arv I\'ll be back there.

That's a great looking spot mate , it's amazing just te amount of access to great rivers that is sometimes hidden behind just one cane paddock. And as you day the farmers can be colourful characters when they find you!!

Great looking fish mate and I'm not surprised the scenery is keeping you goin back!!

Any chance of a fresh water jack??

Callum

That's a great looking spot mate , it's amazing just te amount of access to great rivers that is sometimes hidden behind just one cane paddock. And as you day the farmers can be colourful characters when they find you!!

Great looking fish mate and I'm not surprised the scenery is keeping you goin back!!

Any chance of a fresh water jack??

Callum

Yes and Barra in here to :evil:

Looks like I will need to drive up in November with the espri :angry:

And the Ozzie, I NEED it bad :P

where is my Ozzie? I need it for a plan that involves Jarryd

Its at home, go grab it if you want it just let me no so I can get the old girl to open the gate.

excellent. Probably next week sometime, I'll swing by.

Archived