Weighty bum

AZZA

Guys, mine as all girls seem to do is getting a bit heavy in the rear end so in an effort to redistribute some weight in the boat I am looking at moving the batteries forward to just inside the cabin. This will mean a cable run of about 4 m from the isolator. So the questions I have to ponder are what size cables would i need to use, where would be a good place to buy cables. Also I presume that a common earth cable would be acceptable. Your wise input would be most welcome

I had the same weight problem and moved my battery up into the cabin. I bought the cable and connections from whitworths marine. They only had two sizes of cable and I bought the thickest one, which was the same size cable that was already in the back of the boat ( i can't remember what size cable it was - maybe 6mm??).

Soldering and heat shrinking the connectors onto the cable was easy.

exactly what tugger said.

dont move the batterys there good where they are, ;)

i would consider fitting a permatrim to the leg,or a solas, there very simalar, permatrim in my opinion are better. to get more lift in the rear add a four blade prop to assist the permatrims performance as well. they will make the hull plane alot quicker with less revs,but they will reduce the top end speed.

Thanks Mark/Mick did not think about the consequences to the battery life. Already running a foil I already run a foil I can trim the boat to run right with the motor and if I put the tender and its motor on the back I use the tabs to pick the bum up. Was looking more to level it out a bit at rest without adding more weight. When at rest in a sloppy sea i tend to take of water over the stern I Am tossing putting a couple of flotation pods under the swim platform to lift the rear.

Archived