PB jungle perch Cairns

Bennno

Tiotony and I hit one of the ubiquitous local suburban creeks for a quick mid arvo JP bash yesterday. Water levels were up and clarity slightly down making for less spooky fishing. A fair few were dropped including Tony getting smashed on the surface twice in two well placed casts with no hook up. I lost another good one when it hit on the pause after a good rip and didn't come up tight for long shaking the hook. Still got a good little PB at 38cm. Tony got a healthy fish last cast on a shallow crank bait (bottom pic).

JP-38.jpg

JP-lure.jpg

JP.jpg

T-JP.jpg

Not bad for a creek less than 10 mins from home and 15 mins from the Cairns CBD. Fishing should get better as the water drops slightly.

10 minute drive for you, bottom of my street for me! I go down there so rarely now because shy suburban JP's frustrate me so badly!

Is that where we went ? Be there in 2.5 hours ! Lol

Nah same creek but the section at the bottom of my street Beau, heaps better pools there.

Cracking fish boys, be careful in there ay!

You mean crocs? Snakes yes! Haven't seen any crocs but I'm sure they'd be there, no obstructions to get this far up. Downstream is scary country and holds damn big jacks, milkfish and decent barra but I'm too girly to fish it properly.

Archived