Nth Stradbroke Island Social Amity Point June 7th to 14th

tugger

We have organised a week over at Amity point on Stradie over a great moon phase with the new moon influence to give us some great fishing opportunties. This social is a great way to get out and meet plenty of members from the site it is open to everyone who wishes to get away for a weekend or the whole week what ever floats your boat. We have rented a house which is now full for the week next to the shop right on the water and just 80m from the camp grounds. Others are going to book in to the camp grounds and anchor their boats just off the beach.

The camp grounds has 2 long rock walls which make a perfect anchorage for boats and you can camp right at the beach edge. There is a long jetty which is good fishing as well as squiding next to the boat ramp which is also located inbetween the camp grounds and the house.

There are some great fishing spots land based as well around the rocky head lands at point lookout as well as the surf beaches in the gutters, on the western side of the island there are also some good spots plenty of guys from here have caught trevally, bream, kingfish etc. Angus and Henry might throw some more light on here as to whats biting on the western side.

The house has deep water right at our door step for fishing and a great outlook for our bbq's etc. The campgrounds has powered sites as well as cabins for extra comfort you can bring your car over on the barge, drive your boat over or organise deckie spots.

Hope to see some new faces we are always welcoming and these socials are always plenty of fun the snapper should be on offshore and some tuna action as well inside. Please feel free to chat about the social here

There is great fishing with tuna coming through the channels right in front of the camp grounds as well as the boats getting offshore reef fishing through southpassage bar 2 minutes from the point. Let us know on this post if your interested in joining our group please help out if your looking for deckies here and if your looking at deckying for someone.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would be keen as but I have booked that week on Moreton Isl. :( Same thinking as you Tug, moon phase awesome, public holiday on the Monday so only 4 days leave required... :whistle:

Here's hoping the weather plays the game so you guys can get out over the bar and I can get the yak out to Brennans or at the very least around the cape. :woohoo:

Of course... if anyone was heading out the northern channel of the SPB and wanted to stop and pick me up off the beach... :kiss:

Unfortunately tthe house is now full but some of the other guys are going to stay at the camp grounds I believe stradiebrad is looking at 1 of the cabins and some are going to bring there tents its worth looking at booking into the camp grounds or send brad a message if there will be room in the cabins which are a good size

Should be a spot on 1 of the boats when we go offshore as there will be a few will

Il be looking for a decky spot for one day, doubt the fiancé will want to go offshore. Is the spot still open tugger? Also who do I pay for our stay?

The weather is usually good this time of year and we should get some great fishing in apart from that it will be fantastic to catch up with you all the island has so much to offer with beach and rock fishing plus the fact we'll have a heap of boats over there. This looks like turning into an awesome social with good numbers already with Ted, Lance and Myself there for the whole week I know there will be guys also coming and going right through the week as well.

Mark I see there is a boat ramp at the camp site is it best to take the boat and trailer then lauch from there?

Thats your choice Dave

It is quite costly to take the boat over on the barge.

Its about $140 for the car plus $30 per meter for the trailer.

The mooring area is good there if you have a shore anchor kit like we use at Wavebreak.

My shore anchor kit wont be used so it is there for you or anyone that may want to use it.

My car and boat is going to cost $300 on the barge but i'm going for 8 days and its going to give me peace of mind having it in the yard when i'm not using it plus i was taking the car over anyway

The ramps are good at amity right next to the camp ground and its only 2 minutes to south passage bar

Mark I see there is a boat ramp at the camp site is it best to take the boat and trailer then lauch from there?

Is there any midweek spots available or is the whole week at the house booked out?

Give me some dates Manni.

Mid week should be fine mate,will be great to have you there.

It will be a shared room with someone else if you don't mind that (probably Ted) :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

I have a few spare tents if anyone is after one just let me know if you need one and I'll bring them along. Will be doing a bit of squiding at night off the jetty right in front of the camp ground I have seen plenty of people getting them there. Fishing from there is pretty good to from what I've heard.

Does anyone have prefences for certain types of squid jigs?

Havent booked the barge yet Brad will get off my butt tomorrow and do it

what barge are you guys on as i will take my car aswell and need to book it,anyone who needs a lift over just give us a bell will see lance in the arvo to settle up the bill too,brad

If you dont mind me asking is the unit a holiday rental if so where abouts in it located and costs etc

Darn, wish I'd seen this sooner - just booked to go over at the end of June!

Not sure if this is against rules - but I have a unit at Straddie (set up for families) which is vacant June 7-14...

Havent booked the barge yet Brad will get off my butt tomorrow and do it

what barge are you guys on as i will take my car aswell and need to book it,anyone who needs a lift over just give us a bell will see lance in the arvo to settle up the bill too,brad
any idear on what time your thinkin,earlier he better i think

If you dont mind me asking is the unit a holiday rental if so where abouts in it located and costs etc

Yep, holiday rental.

It's at Amity, just to the east of Toompany St on the main road to the Surf beach. About 500m from the shop. Off-peak cost is $300 for up to 5 people.

PM sent

Yep, holiday rental.

It's at Amity, just to the east of Toompany St on the main road to the Surf beach. About 500m from the shop. Off-peak cost is $300 for up to 5 people.

Archived