Bribie 21/4

Kiwi_pete

Went out fishing at Bribe early this am after work plan was to hoon out to the channel markers in the bay but the wind and swell didnt allow this the swell was so bad my motor kept cavitating and I couldnt make any head way wasnt fun watching the bow rise up dam near vertical and water slop in over the stern as it did so and thats with hydrofoils fitted!!!!!!.So plan B was to drift around bongaree catching LOTS of these

post-11011-144598943088_thumb.jpg

post-11011-144598943098_thumb.jpg

post-11011-144598943107_thumb.jpg

post-11011-144598943115_thumb.jpg

post-11011-144598943122_thumb.jpg

they are not small I just have really big hands haha also caught lots of whiting the fish were on the chew non stop for 6 hours but just never got on to a fish with substance which was disapointing was hoping a decent squire would be lurking amongst the smaller variety.

I also caught a good size spikey blow fish which is a first for me Im hoping tuesdays weather fares well and Ill retry my plan in the morning.

Hi Kiwi_Pete, I know exactly what you mean about wanting to catch something bigger..I'm in that boat too, but worse I'm without a boat!

Don't give up on Bribie though, check out this shot...caught off bribe surfside. Unfortunately not me in the photo. Also caught a very nice snapper in the same place too, but I can't find the photo.

post-10803-144598944646_thumb.jpg

Lucky bugger!

Cheers Chris

Thank you for that motivation chriso I may just go back to chasing flattys with soft plastics just been really keen to catch a few snapper on bait as not sure how to fish with a plastic in the deeper water on the drift and the lack of fish holding structure doesnt really help but ohwell with the wind and days being as good as they are its just awsome to be out.

Archived