Info, advice, opinions wanted

rathabfishin2

Well I have narrowed it down to five and just wondering if anyone out there that owns any of the following could give me some honest feedback about these rigs?

Clark 427 Pursuit

Horizon Easy fisher pro 435

Stessco Catcher 429

Quintrex Renegade 420

Bluefin Scoundrel 425

I was interested in the Aluvan Razor but not happy with the lack of reply when I asked for a quote three weeks ago. I was told by the dealer that the factory had not gotten back to him and that he qwould folow it up but that was a week ago... So unless someone has something fantastic to say about these, well the lack of service has turned me off.

So with pre-approval done I am going shopping this weekend and any advice or honest feedback from owners or friends of owners in the know would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers Andrew

An important point if hulls are identical in performance the difference between a good deal and a great deal will be the after sales performance of the dealer.

Its the little things that make the difference. eg

If they fit additional items do they duralac where they drill holes?

If you are unfortunate enough to have a problem the last thing that you need is to be fighting both the dealer and the manufacturer.

Cheers

Ray

Yep Andrew,

What Ray said I reckon. Like I was telling you about my boat purchase,it was ok except still trying to get my battery I paid for in my boat. They reckon it will be sorted by the time I get home next week so we shall see if they sort it out.

One of my boats is a Clarke. It's not a persuit though. Almost identical. It's a preditor 427. Pritty nice. It handles very well. Very very stable. I was very surprised how stable they are. There only rated to a 40hp. A 25 HP with a 9,1/4 x11 pitch. Will punch it along around 60 km/hr planning speed is around 15-17km/hr. pending on the load.they track and handle very well at 70 km but only in light river chop. The over all finish of the boat is good. It's pritty obvious to me that Clarke use robotic welders and the exterior welds don't look that pritty. You can tell a robotic weld cause there will be 600mm of nice weld than a blob where a human as mig welded where the robot ran off coarse and hit and missed the join. The transom are tig welded and so is the keel. Waiting time to get one made made depends on demand at the time. This goes for all manufacturs. The only pronlblem with a new boat is how shinny they are. It's just wrong to get sun burnt balls and nostrils :lol: so i give the the boat a rub down with lemon juice to tarnish the aluminium.

Mick

No offers fishing nut. I have found alot of info for a few of the boats but and i came across a Horizon that I am really keen on. Will create a seperate post. In a sec regarding that.

Mick I did notice the welds on the Clark and that was a little bit of a worry for me especially since I do not know bugger all about welding. I liked the look of the Horizon I checked out today and I know its a bit of extra coin and second hand but that include 4 stroke and a bunch of other engines and still have 14 months factory warranty on it (engine only 29 hrs and boat looks like its barnd spanking new) Cheers for the info though. I am going back deopending on the feedback I get I will have another look at the clark packages again. I take it you have had no probs with the welds cracking?

Posting another post with a little more detail now

Is that link showing up?

Thanks mate. The images are. Where is this one? I am having trouble finding it.

I have had good feedback in the main about the Clark Pursuit SC 427. When I look at it though to add the dunbier trailer which the Horizon has, all the extras, paint, extra length and the 4 stroke it would go for about the same if not more. I am really impressed with this rig I saw. I have never spent more than 7k in one transaction so I am a bit nervous and although it looks like it will handle great on the water I guess a little back up would put my mind at ease. I think there is only one person on there tomorrow so might be hard to get a water test but will ask if thats possible. Might have to take a mental health day!

hmmm, yes working........that is what I do.................. :) I am looking through a few now, they all look good to me, I reckon I am a bit biased towards the Renegade but only because I just bought one.......I have had my boat out in chop already and I was impressed with how dry it was.It was going fishing for a day in a renegade that really made me decide. It is hard to know until you have driven one on the water. I like the fact the horizon has the 4 stroke on it..........I went through all this when shopping for my boat and decided on the renegade but I think any of the boats on your list will do what you want it to.

• 2 weeks later...

Owning a Clark 485 that is awesome i cant fault them but its painted so weld issues are a little more hidden.

In saying that just bought and have 4 weeks until delivery for the

Horizon 435 Profisher.

Spent Saturday just gone down at the dealer going through additions and issues they will get the factory to correct or change as they build it.

Small additions/Changes

Change way nav light mounts are welded in, they will fill in the area under the front rails not jut out at 45 degrees.

Adding a flat panel about just behind the drivers seat on right hand side. This flat aluminium panel will be welded under the gunnel down to meet the pocket and lastly tack to back wall of the boat.

Just designing a mount that will fold away under gunnels when not used to mount the lowrance elite 5 dsi

Radio/VHF, stereo, and switch panel to be flush mounted onto the panel

Speakers in the panel that is a step up to front casting deck.

Yamaha 30hp Tiller 2 stroke 3 cylinder

Cant wait to get it, and after looking at 20 boats second hand etc, new with warranty was the go.

Archived