Nth and Sth Pine Flatties

Dinodadog

Hit the salt this am, well as salty as i am going to get. Started in the south pine at bald hills ramp and headed for the north pine, at the halfway mark picked up a nice EP on a sqidgee bloodworm fish,then soon after a nice bream. When i reached the north pine i had 3 SPs bit in half in 3 casts,maybe small chopper tailor or yellow fin pike.

Moved back up the south pine and got my 1st flatty for the morning around 35cm my mate also got 1 the same size. Both were on mango ripple gulp shrimps.

We managed a couple more not far from the Strathpine shopping centre, about the same size, plus another bream.

It was an enjoyable morning and I bet the bass at the dam missed me [like a hole in the head]

Fish while you can

Dinodadog

I know. Out in the bay yesterday, I caught a 38cm Cod on SP's that fought like a horse on 6lb gear. Also got bitten off by some thing, and missed a hit that hit twice as hard as the first Cod (that cod was the hardest hitting fish I'd ever landed) and upun closer inspection of the leader, the fish had swallowed my lure and about 15cm of the leader was frayed up. I'm sure it would have been a 50-60cm Cod.

Archived