Inbuilt Esky for the tinny.

Marchoman9

Hi,

I have recently purchased a new tinny. It is a 375 Mako Craft Topper Tracker. I love it! It goes very very well with my 15hp Johnson on the back. One thing that I want is a custom Esky to fit perfectly in the front of it, just in front of the bench seat. I would also like it to double as a small casting deck with carpet on the lid.

I was wondering if anyone knows someone who can build exactly what I want for a fair price on the Sunshine Coast or how hard it would be to do it myself. I have done a little bit of fiberglassing before.

This photo is not of my tinny but I used it just to explain where I meant.

I will upload a photo of mine when I get a chance.

post-11117-144598955806_thumb.jpg

Mate BriThePom is the guru at this. You can either wait for him to reply here, send him a PM or otherwise do a forum search for his previous posts. He's done up two tinnies and installed built-in eskies into his bench seats, which isn't exactly what you're planning, but I'd imagine it would be a similar process. I very much doubt he'll want to work on it for you (for starters he's on the Gold Coast) but he is very willing to share knowledge with others.

Good luck - looking forward to seeing the finished product. It's something I wouldn't mind having a crack at some time.

You can save a considerable about of money if you buy and cut all the aluminium yourself. Google and go and have a look at other boats with casting decks and i am sure you'll be able to come up with a rough idea of what you want. Then measure and cut all the aluminium tubing you will need for your sub-floor structure and take it to a shop that specializes in aluminium welding and get them to glue it up. Riveting is ok, but all the flex in a small tinny soon breaks them out.

Good luck

Archived