mud delivers again after a lot of persistence...

netmaker

hi all.

been a busy few days and not much sleep. Friday I took a mate out for a mud run and it was pretty quiet. the deadstick caught a fish in the low 50's? (didn't measure or photograph) and it was the only keeper. mate got smashed by a +70 and after chasing it for a bit it found some coral and that was that :angry: .

Saturday morn I took damien out and couldn't manage a legal all morning :( and not even a decent hit. in my own defence tho the weather was perfect and mud was a carpark...

looked at the report and decided to get back out Saturday night. slept on the eastern side in between feeding rays and sharks cuttlefish. lost a couple of big hitters round the motor - at least 1 was a ray. slept in as I was cactus from 3 long days straight and then moved to the nw where there were only 2 boats. the eastern side was a car park. 10 minutes later and I was smashed. this fish takes the record for most line stripped in 1 run. over 150m in the water and down to the backing! and then dropped it just like that... I was spewing, fearing my fish for the day was done :unsure: . I persisted anyways and an hour later put a 55 in the box. kept drifting for a while and the weather was pretty ordinary by now so decided to call it a day. headed back to the eastern side (only 4 boats left there now) and thought I would just do a drift or 2 and go home. started where I had been feeding cuttlefish to the vermin during the night and second cast gets a good hit. fish put up a good battle and I was calling it for a +70 and was quite surprised to see him come in at 68. had to weigh it at home as he was quite fat and he came in at a fraction under 4kg. quite happy to leave after that. did get a couple in the low 40's too but returned for another day.

post-11227-144598959979_thumb.jpg

Poor Eric haha. Great post!

mate. your dad was dead unlucky. that fish was just about spent. it took the title of first snap lost in the coral on my tinny. I think he may be using plastics a bit more in the future tho and I am sure he has a chart plotter on his wish list as well.

Poor Eric haha. Great post!

mate. your dad was dead unlucky. that fish was just about spent. it took the title of first snap lost in the coral on my tinny. I think he may be using plastics a bit more in the future tho and I am sure he has a chart plotter on his wish list as well.

Haha yer he seems pretty keen on the plastic fishing now! And yer he's pretty keen on the chart plotter idea!

Archived