twin bridges sat morn

jeff f

went out to twin bridges with with my micro light outfit to see if there were many gar around,stock up on a bit of bait.

the once the berly had done a full lap of the eddy i cast my float to the edge of the current and nailed one of the biggest fattest snubnosed garfish i've ever seen

over the next hour i landed 5 mullet over 30cm and another even bigger gar.

then the banded grunter moved in so i packed it in and came home

here's a pic

post-422-14459842711_thumb.jpg

nice jeff, i just got back from school camp yesterday and I canooed EXACTLY passed there we spent 2 days at wivenhoe and 2 days at the brissy river. thursday and friday morning we went from spillway to twin bridges, it realy is nice country. The strange thing is when we finished at twin bridges we found a dead flattie washed up! im sure it was a duskie flathead it looked a couple of days old. isnt it 100% fresh there? anyway nice gar and mullet my friend said he has caught heaps of gar there before.

ps. no one caught anything in the brissy river and we didnt fish long but in wivenhoe i caught my first catfish on lure hehe was my second biggest catty to. also got one on a fresh water muscle so did many other people. had fun.

jeff f wrote:

went out to twin bridges with with my micro light outfit to see if there were many gar around,stock up on a bit of bait.

the once the berly had done a full lap of the eddy i cast my float to the edge of the current and nailed one of the biggest fattest snubnosed garfish i've ever seen

over the next hour i landed 5 mullet over 30cm and another even bigger gar.

then the banded grunter moved in so i packed it in and came home

here's a pic

Where are these twin bridges?

I might go there in the yak this week

Archived