Early morning flathead sesh

samsteele115

After a donut on the bay yesterday with a mate, decided to give the trusty ol pine a crack with my girlfriend Shannon to lift my spirits. The morning didnt get off to a great start because I left my bag full of lures, leader, pliers etc etc etc at home.. So we had to make do with 4 rods pre rigged with one lure on each one (lucky I rigged up last night at least!); zman minnowz in smokey shad and pink glow, red nightmare switchblade and copper penny zman grub. Shannon naturally chose the pretty pink one and used it all morning :lol:

Was a very nice trip towards the mouth at sunrise

post-11925-1445989732_thumb.jpg

Shannon was the first to get onto a fish. Her first flathead but pretty small!

post-11925-144598973213_thumb.jpg

I was happy to get off the donut by bringing in this 47cm flattie on the smokey shad minnow

post-11925-144598973223_thumb.jpg

I hooked up again and landed a flattie of similar size soon after on my ultra light setup. Was good fun!

post-11925-144598973231_thumb.jpg

Then Shannon yelled 'I'm on!' and brought in a nice flathead measuring in at 45cm. A decent upgrade from her first. We released it and she loved watching it swim off. The joys of catch and release fishing!

post-11925-14459897324_thumb.jpg

After that she let me know she was determined to get a 50cm+ flattie. And so the addiction begins.... (Hopefully. Maybe wishful thinking :whistle: )

I got one more high 40's flattie before the bite slowed down and we headed home before she got bored and I wanted to keep her keen :whistle: . I played my cards right because she said she is keen to go out fishing again, hopefully to find that 50+ flatty :).

No big girls caught, but it was a good 3 hours spent.

Sam

love the emotions in the shots..

Mrs - first flattie, stoked! :woohoo:

Sam - yawn... just another flattie :dry:

with conditions like that fish are just a bonus.

Spot on. Conditions were incredible. There was not a single boat on the water either until about 8.30 which was an added bonus!

Cheers guys

Archived