Sandstone Point

Northside Chic

Hi all

I was just wondering if anyone had fished land based around Sandstone Point near Bribie Island? I think you can either turn left before the bridge at Kal Ma Kuta Drive and fish near the camping area or to the right off Oxley Place. I am just wanting to fish for whiting and flathead etc and will be taking my niece and nephews with me so thought that area might be ok with easy access.

If anyone has fished this area any extra information about which place is better to fish and bait to use etc will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Look up past posts from the "Mullet Musketeer" he used to fish landbased around Bribie all the time. Haven't heard from him in a while. He also had a blog about his fishing trips.

I think that was his user name, but I have got a pretty bad memory sometimes.

The turn off before kal ma kuta drive is called turners camp road.

Very popular spot to fish land based on a incoming tide by bait fishos who are armed with deck chairs.

Also low tide theres a big sand bar that drops off on to weed beds and sand holes Ill be fishing it alot in the upcoming summer months for bream and whiting on surface poppers.

When I take my boat out I drift along side that beach flicking plastics for flatties great spot.

But due to the current and mass of weed around I only managed a flathead and a pike on the drift there this morning.

Not a bad little spot off Bestmann Road in sandstone point itself for a family fish / swim and picnic. Nice sandy beach, she oaks and picnic table.

2nd on the left as you travel in from the lights from memory.

Bloke your talking about above also posted on some sites under "landangler" from memory. His blog is here

/>http://landangler.net/

Drop in and see Nigel at Gateway bait and tackle at Ningi, he will steer you right.

Archived