Anyone have any tips for estuary fishing 1770?

max pwr

Hey guys, I'm heading up to 1770 for ten days on Sunday, taking my little vnose with an 18 on the back.

I have no idea on fishing the area apart from a vague notion I might get out the front of round hill head if the weather allows and what I'd really love to do is target jacks and barra on lures.

No idea if jacks and barra are active this early in the season and my plan so far is to troll lures through the upstream mangrove areas and obviously cast at any snags.

If there are any barra around do they prefer deep or shallow water and should I go right up to the brackish areas or fish clean water.

I've also got use of a cruiser ute up there so I can access bustard head and pancake creek etc.

Any info at all would be appreciated .

Cheers, Steve.

Hey guys, I'm heading up to 1770 for ten days on Sunday, taking my little vnose with an 18 on the back.

I have no idea on fishing the area apart from a vague notion I might get out the front of round hill head if the weather allows and what I'd really love to do is target jacks and barra on lures.

No idea if jacks and barra are active this early in the season and my plan so far is to troll lures through the upstream mangrove areas and obviously cast at any snags.

If there are any barra around do they prefer deep or shallow water and should I go right up to the brackish areas or fish clean water.

I've also got use of a cruiser ute up there so I can access bustard head and pancake creek etc.

Any info at all would be appreciated .

Cheers, Steve.

Heya mate,

can't answer your questions bout fishing there, but we will be up when you are.

You should aim to come to the ausfish meetup on the Saturday nite the 14th. Few of us will be attending.

I can also offer you a spot for a bit of a reef fish if we are doing day trips while you are there.

Best of luck man!

I've also got some marks for the Bay there if you'd be interested. I bet on a calm day you could take your boat out there.

--julian

I have done half a dozen trips to 1770 mostly heading out to boult and reef but have done two trips to middle creek and also stayed at pancake one of those trips. If you turn into the national park couple ks before you go into 1770 that takes you to the mouth of middle creek where you can launch and its not to bad fishing all through jenny lin, and pancake have caught some good flatties and a mate has shot a few good barra through there.. and you can head out to the head lands and chase reefies and pelagics on a good day.. The cat walk isnt bad for a land based fish for longtail and the like.. Hit up the tackle store they should give you a few tips

Archived