Coomera River Mouth.

Bri The Pom

Drop the pots in the Coomera river yesterday for the first time this season, then went for a fish at the river mouth and Aldershots.

Trolling lures for a while for a few small flatties, but the crap in the river was insane and the tide was ripping.

So decided to find a quiet spot in the river to flick a plastic, as i was flicking my plastic back a ray went past and must of been nearly a metre diameter and this fish took my plastic, this fish must of been cruising with the ray ( fish ID please, remora looking ).

Also caught a decent Luderick, don't they go hard.

Off the water by 9 as the tide was to strong.

post-662-144599009946_thumb.jpg

Went back this morning to collect my pots and maybe another flick, but the debris in the water was worse than yesterday after the storm we had.

4 sandies and 3 big jenny muddies, so not a total waste of time and the morning was a ripper.

Cheers all,

Bri.

post-662-144599009957_thumb.jpg

post-662-144599009968_thumb.jpg

that's awesome. Cobia in the coomera :D

Mate what are you surprised about - apparently you get them at indooroopilly... ;)

Used to get the odd one up to about 60cm in the calliope river in gladstone, definitely woke you up when chasing whiting. Caught one a similar size to yours around mud isl earlier this year, was really annoyed, thought I had a cracking snapper! Good to see them in the estuaries though, a good sign that they are breeding well.

Brian what did you think of the water quality today, i didn't think it was any worse than yesterday on the top of the tide.

Might be a little worse on the bottom of the tide but we will need a lot more rain to flush things out properly, cheers wayne

Apart from the debris ie leaves etc when trolling was a pain. The water is quite clear. I think the rain we have had has made hardly any difference.

Archived