This, is a shrimp trap.

Binder

Someone must have cleaning up some derelict pots over christmas. There was a pile next to the bin at Boral landing this morning.

This baby is not exactly legal, probably load it with half a kangaroo!

I reckon you would just about tip the boat over pulling it in!

Just for Ray, its made out of the gutter guard type stuff your using, so if no one claims it you might nab it and recycle it in to legal size pots!

Ian (wallyfly) - one of the smaller rusted out units has your name tag in it, no floats or anything, so not worth worrying about, the pot is well and truly rusted out!.

post-11051-144599018951_thumb.jpg

post-11051-144599018959_thumb.jpg

Quite, but steady day, 5 fish, one was undersize, biggest 42cm. Lost a couple more as I was kicking back reading a book and by the time I woke up I had a bite I lost them!

Only had a small amount of shrimp as two of my pots had nothing in them (new spot) ran out of bait and headed for home by 9am.

Tks Binder The smaller ones look like mine so I'll go over in the morning for a looksee and disposal if US. I have a vague recollection of seeing something like the big one during the 2000-2005 period when a lot of "funny" things when on. Be interesting to find the owner. Tks to whoever pulled mine in. :cheer: IanM

Sequel to yesterday, smallest pot was not mine but rusted out so I've binned it at my place. The mid size is one of mine and is now reworked to useful again. Big one looks tradesman made. Not unlike some of the eel traps that used to be used years ago by eeling pros.; some also had net bags like cod ends.

Still missing is my brand new one of the same midsize design which went a couple of weeks ago. Bludgers!

Out for a fish tomorrow so four shrimp pots plus some of Gaden's latest hard bodies might be productive. Tight lines :cheer: IM

Archived