2 stroke trolling

Malcolm

look at them mostly:P

The 4hp johnson is my tinny, the 4hp evinrude is being given to a friend as a gift, the 3hp is just a classic and will never get used on the back of a boat, The 40 hp will be going on the back of my bream boat, as will the 6 as a kicker motor, and the 18 I got from ebay a few weeks ago and I have yet to decide what I'm doing with it.

I have no idea what brand, It's and old fiberglass hull 15ft long, I have just replaced the transom, and am about to start on the floor....:( .

Basicly it will be a side console with a large forward casting deck etc.... set up very much like a barra boat, or the american bass boats.

Fisher_90 wrote:

What do u do with 6 motors?

Yeah I/m jealous!

I've only got 5!

2 x 6hp (long shaft)

2 x 25hp (one short, one long shaft)

1 x 8hp (short shaft)

All Johno's 76 to 87.

Both the 6's run well, 25 long shaft runs well, just sitting at Rays waiting the gearbox reassembly, the other 25 short shaft bought for parts, but might run ok (also sitting at Rays), but no good for my boat as is short shaft, spare parts for the other one!.

The 8 HP being short shaft also bought for when one of the 6's dies, it is complete except for water pump - but will get long shaft off the older 6hp when time is right (the older 6 runs well, but the carby is stuffed, in a previous life someone stripped threads in the jets, so they dont come out for cleaning real well.

Andyc wrote:

in the 80's OMC did change the ratio to 100:1, but then changed it back to 50:1

BTW, 80's motor's arn't that old, I've got a 1968 40hp Evinrude, a 1968 18hp Evinrude, a 1973 4hp Evinrude, a 1963 3hp Evinrude, a 1980 4hp Johnson, and a 1972 6hp Johnson (mid restoration). All these motors (except the 6 at the moment) run beautifully.

geez andyc what do you do collect them or something

Feral wrote:

Fisher_90 wrote:
What do u do with 6 motors?

Yeah I/m jealous!

I've only got 5!

2 x 6hp (long shaft)

2 x 25hp (one short, one long shaft)

1 x 8hp (short shaft)

All Johno's 76 to 87.

Both the 6's run well, 25 long shaft runs well, just sitting at Rays waiting the gearbox reassembly, the other 25 short

shaft bought for parts, but might run ok (also sitting at Rays), but no good for my boat as is short shaft, spare parts for the other one!.

The 8 HP being short shaft also bought for when one of the 6's dies, it is complete except for water pump - but will get long shaft off the older 6hp when time is right (the older 6 runs well, but the carby is stuffed, in a previous life someone stripped threads in the jets, so they dont come out for cleaning real well.

Is that a hint to get my finger out.

Ray

Archived