Hooked Up

Old Scaley

Just a quick shout out for site sponsor Hooked Up. I am doing a bit of research for an upcoming trip to the Cape and had a look around the Hooked Up site and found a great article about the Love River. Really good info that made me read a few other articles. Great resource that cost nothing. Thanks AFO and Hooked Up. :woohoo: And I have absolutely no connection to anyone associated with the sponsor.

Nice one Steve, good to hear. How long you going for? Got room for me in your luggage mate .........?

Hoping to head out early Sunday morning and actually fish the river mouth & possibly Mud during DAYLIGHT for the first time in absolutely ages. You been out and about lately? Any tailor around? Trying to hatch a plan of attack.

Hi Kelvin. Unfortunately not much spare room with 4 guys, one vehicle, 2 boats (car topper and towed boat). Will be up there for 2 weeks only this time, so a bit shorter than my last (and only) trip but really looking forward to it.

Last fished the river mouth a couple of weeks ago for not much success. There are tailor around because they keep snipping plastics off around the rock walls. :angry: have seen a couple of good ones being cleaned at the ramp and both times these have come from the Clara's Rocks area. Drifting for flathead on the banks around the mouth on the last half of the runout using 4 inch zman plastics has yielded a few good fish over the past month so might be worth a go later in the day.

Plenty of better fishermen on here than me who might want chip in and give some other advice. Hope you have a good day and get amongst them. Look forward to the report.

Cheers Steve. Am still to fish the Clara's Rock area but have been meaning to try it for a jewie. Yeah saw your flathead you got a while back and that will form part of the plan. Think I might also try the front rockwall and western side of Mud to see if I can find some tailor. Have a great trip mate.

Archived