Peaceful day out fishing..............NOT!

Alex2505

Hi all, I have never posted anything before but read this forum often, however after this weekend I have finally blown my stack and let lose. Finally after 2 weeks of land based fishing due to the weather conditions my husband and I finally made it out on the water. Yahoo! We figured that as the holidays were over , no long weekend and only a short window of low wind we would find a quiet place to fish out of the way, well we found a quiet spot and dropped the lines. Next thing you know a jet ski comes belting up the passage and flies past us within a few meters almost over our lines of into the distance only to return and yep, over our lines. What really p........d me off is their waving at us like I want to acknowledge their annoying asses. Anyway moving on we spent a few hours not catching much but just enjoying being out in the boat. The wind as expected started to pick up so we headed in to the ramp. Well that's when my blood boiled. As we approached the ramp we saw a group of people on the beach and two idiots on Jet Skis right next to the ramp doing donuts only a meter from the shore creating some big wash. We just watched them and figured they would stop once we had the boat in the shallow next to the ramp. Oh no. No brains and no manners. I went over to them and asked them to stop creating wash and that what they were doing so close to the beach was not acceptable. It's hard enough to get a boat on the trailer in this wind and running tide without them creating more problems. They all just looked at me with a blank face. Not surprising! One replied with " everybody does it". And to add insult to injury they had all parked their cars in the boat and trailer zone. I guess it was less distance to carry the esk!

I am so sick of Jet skiers even out in the middle of Moreton Bay zooming past too close when they have the whole bay to do their " thing" whatever that is. Whatever happened to good old fashioned fishing etiquette and good manners? I sound like an old whinging fart. I am definitely not old, just totally over rude people.

Does anybody else get dirty with this? Please tell me you all get annoyed to.

yup... jet skiers have no brians, mostly. Can't paint em all with the same brush though. Like normal there is the good and bad, just teh bad are more common.

When we had the house boat at jacobs we had these lice that liked to play up and down between all the boats making wash. One day we had enough took the tender out and asked em to stop. They got violent. No need to ruin a day, so we backed up and came back to the boat.

On the other side though, you get bad boaties too. I was doing an over nighter in my boat at hope island. I woke up and came out to see my mate who was still fishing, we were in a 6 knot zone. Next moment a boat came past not even 2 meters away at full noise. That close he actually got the line on my mates rod. Needless to say we let it spool us, hopefully his gearbox is now stuffed up. That day we also went to the seaway, and the jet ski's were the best behaved on the water and it was all the weekend warriors in their v8 ski boats who were the wankers.

Personally I have a relaxing time every time I am on the water. Just like on the roads, there will always be d*ckheads but you can choose to ignore them, and stay as far away as possible. They can't annoy you forever so just shrug and get on with your day. Jet skis are usually out of your way in a few minutes and you probably won't change their behaviour no matter what you do so don't waste your energy trying.

Yes i totally agree jetski riders are rude , also some boat owners not to many people have any manners anymore which is diappointing , a nice relaxing day fishing or just cruising is a thing of the past.

They treat some of the best fishing creeks in the Coomera like a slalom course.......,shutting down the fishing and causing erosion and noise pollution. Speed limits don't apply to 90% of jet skiers.

Personally I've got a prejudiced opinion of anybody towing or riding a jet ski and have no time for them and totally get your frustration. As far as ignoring them it's kinda hard to ignore someone yelling in your face, just like doing circle work around your boat in a 1400cc supercharged water bike.

But I must admit they do attract more hot chicks in bikinis than I do in my v-nose.

Go figure.

Best reply yet still am laughing at the chicks thing my scratched old tinnie doesn't attrack hot chicks in bikinis either B)

They treat some of the best fishing creeks in the Coomera like a slalom course.......,shutting down the fishing and causing erosion and noise pollution. Speed limits don't apply to 90% of jet skiers.

Personally I've got a prejudiced opinion of anybody towing or riding a jet ski and have no time for them and totally get your frustration. As far as ignoring them it's kinda hard to ignore someone yelling in your face, just like doing circle work around your boat in a 1400cc supercharged water bike.

But I must admit they do attract more hot chicks in bikinis than I do in my v-nose.

Go figure.

Yep, I was down the Pine when a wanker on a jet ski dumped it right near my boat and threw it up onto the ramp at Doles Rocks.....(He was about 1 Meter from my boat) and I saw it when I was reversing down. Boy was I mad, he came back in thinking he was top shit and I let him have it. Told him "YOU WONDER WHY PEOPLE HATE F***ING JET SKIERS. GROW A BRAIN YOU F***ING WANKER". He said with a shakey voice "sorry" (as his face went from smiling to oh shit). Haha I have never seen a jet skier ride off slow with his tail between his legs before lmfao.

Having said that I have had the odd very few that keep their distance.

aaaah crap don't get me started!

The last couple of times ive been out a few surprising things have happened!

1. Jet Ski scum fly past within a metre of our boat, 2.5 year old on board fell over from wake. I pulled anchor and moved to a different spot upriver only to find the said Jet Ski scum stranded as he has sucked in a commercial crabbers crab pot rope into his intake!! wooohoooo! I pulled up next to him and said ....you believe in Karma!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Jet Ski lice doing dognuts at the Jindalee boat ramp pontoon - im just about to blow my stack when low and behold an off duty copper who's beautiful Bluefin 4.5 is slamming into the pontoon has some serious words with the scum!

3. Coochin Creek - Two Jet Ski lice come flying around the corner, but to my surprise one holds up his arm buttons right off and stops then putters past us, super considerate. why....cause he had rods on the back and was a fisherman.

Most go in for a lobotomy when they get the test!

Archived