King of the Creek

samsteele115

James and I have been fishing the same creek systems for a while now, although he has always caught an extra fish or two.

I finally felt like I'm at a point where I had a good chance so challenged him to a little comp :P.

3 points for a landed fish and 1 point for every other hit.

Might I add James was using my usual lure of choice which casts like a dream, so I'm going to say he was a better caster on the day :whistle:

post-11925-14459909754_thumb.jpg

post-11925-144599097551_thumb.jpg

post-11925-144599097561_thumb.jpg

Hooked up

post-11925-14459909757_thumb.jpg

post-11925-144599097582_thumb.jpg

post-11925-144599097591_thumb.jpg

post-11925-144599097601_thumb.jpg

James 21 points

Sam 17 points

4 landed fish each.

Might be worth another challenge!

Well done James for reminding me who's the freshwater boss.

Cheers,

Sam

The high thirties models pull hard and if a in a yak they can pull you into a snag quickly.

Have to arrange a small friendly creek session soon.

Yeah I agree. I reckon a 35cm creek bass gives the most curry! The larger ones are just a heavier fight but not as energetic.

It can be a challenge sometimes on the light gear, but that's what it's all about.

I would call it even, hits only count when they become hookups ha ha.

Dino

We've had a debate about this. James argued that with his slightly more consistent casting he was able to interest more fish than me, hence the extra hits.

I argued that I am a better angler because I had a better strike rate of landed fish than him hahaha. He also dropped a hookup.

We decided that the more accurate casting was the winner.

I put my better hookup rate down to a smaller lure size. Tactical choice to try and land more fish. But its not easy casting a virtually unweighted 2.5" plastic 20m accurately.

My god I'm full of excuses B)

Fantastic idea there.

I am trying now to catch my first creek bass.

what soft plastic did you use there in the pics.

Thanks, Dom

An assortment of plastics were used. Pictured are zman 3" minnowz and 2.5" slim swimz.

Anything will work so just use whatever you have. I just prefer the soft plastics over hard bodies as I find the bass will nearly always smash it again if you missed a hookup the previous cast. Doesn't always happen with hard bodies as they must feel the hardness of the lure and get a bit suspicious.

Thanks Wayne. It was a pretty fun session but I don't think it's fair to say I'm King of the creek (even though that does sound pretty important :P ). How about we do it out of 3 Sam? I've won the first round but we still have 2 to go.

hahaha that's great Brian :lol:. You can't be unhappy with 2nd :P

James

Archived