Great little session

pancakes_and_haggis

Hi guys, been a while since visits to the forum but i thought id share with you a little session that happened the other day for those guys that are not on facebook.

A quick call to a mate Greg Carter on monday arvo discussing random rubbish when he pops up with the fact that hes taking his new punt out to blood it tomorrow, well within a few seconds i diagnosed myself with a 24 hour sickness and the plan was made to strap the punt to the roof and head for the sandy straights for an arvo session.

As planned we the the girl onto the roof and set off, quite where we were going i wasnt sure, but i knew one thing was for sure, Greg would have been doing some research through different channels and i was lucky to be sitting next to him being taxied to the spot.

post-8891-144599097929_thumb.jpg

A clouple of hours later were unstrapping the punt and carrying it down some snakey looking back to the waters edge, in goes the electric and the battery and armed with a few lures each we set off down this little creek searching for either a bass, a jacks or a barra.

We fished for around 4 hours managing 3 jacks a barra and a qld gouper.

post-8891-144599097939_thumb.jpg

post-8891-144599097947_thumb.jpg

post-8891-144599097957_thumb.jpg

Gregs Barra would have to be the highligh of the trip and a very nice looking fish and great size for the skinny water we were fishing.

post-8891-144599097962_thumb.jpg

post-8891-14459909797_thumb.jpg

thats all from me guys, hopefully this wind backs off abit and i can get the boat out offshore again after her servie and new baitmate bait board arrives. thanks

callum

Cool report, looks like a productive spot there. I'll bet with you guys and the electric that place was as quiet as a mouse. It's always puzzled me why Qld grouper are so coloured when they're young, when it'd probably be best to camouflage in, but when they're king of the reef they're brown and dull? Either way, very neat to catch one.

Archived