HDS 12 mounting bracket video

Luvit

When I bought my current boat I was lucky enough it had a HDS 12 installed. Having previously had a HDS 5 this thing is like watching cinema screen. The only problem was that when at the front of the boat where I prefer to be fishing I could not see the screen. When I had the HDS 5 it was mounted on a RAM bracket with ball joint for adjustment. Although the adjustment was easy and the bracket quality was excellent, when used in choppy conditions the adjustment screw would have to be constantly retightened otherwise the sounder kept falling to the side. Therefore with the weight of the larger unit I was looking for a better solution. I found a brand called Johnny Ray and I bought the Johnny ray JR-205 bracket from CH Smith marine in Victoria and fitted to the boat.

I had to extend the base out so there was enough room for the unit to turn 180 degrees.

You can turn the unit the 180 degrees but also releasing and installing the unit is so much easier now also with a lever at the front. can do it one handed if you wanted.

/>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yby6nqjeaCw&feature=em-upload_owner

I can't wait to get out and test fully on the water.

Archived