Brissy River Bassin

Joe K

Hi Guys,

I returned to fish the river yesterday. The previous day was just to windy for casting. The wind was a light NE and my hopes were up. I was casting spinnerbaits and after 20mins of casting, I found a school of bass. The bass were good sized around 40cm. I was hoping there were bigger bass mixed in and after landing 3 bass I hooked on to a whopper which felt 2kg. Pumping it hard, up towards the surface, away from the snags I saw a massive swirl and I knew it was a good fish. I eventually guided her to the steep river bank and after a quick pic the Wivenhoe escapee was back in the river. I had to leave for dinner  

I met up with Jeremy (who caught his first Aussie bass last month) for an early dinner and we were back at the river Topwater Bassin. This 2nd session the bass were smaller but we still had a great session with the baby bass with some double hookups. 

I keep reminding myself and my mates, "watch out for snakes fellas"! Two people were bitten by Browns in this district yesterday. 

Happy Bassin!

Cheers... Joe. 

image.png

image.png

image.png

Archived