Land based in brisbane

Ubolt

Just joined the forum. Hoping to gain some help with finding some decent land based locations to fish. I'm from interstate and working in Brisbane. I have fished pinkenba Rock wall a few times for mixed results. Using plastics mostly and a few hard body lures. Keen to catch anything really but definitely interested in the more tropical species. Something different from what I get back home. 

Thanks. Will keep that in mind. Just like the simplicity of lures over bait. Generally limited for time due to work commitments. And I don't know how to use a throw net. Last time up the Rock wall got a decent flatty as well as an undersized flatty couple of bream and an estuary cod. Went the next arvo same spot and got nothing. 

I'm visiting Brisbane as well and have also been hunting fish. Although not 'more tropical', ive been getting plenty of quality bream during the day in the Yeronga reach of the Brisbane river. Around the snags and very close to shore just where it drops off is where they are; cast out too far and its just catfish.   

Archived