Banksia Doughnut 14.01.2016

curranboy99

Hello all, a report for my last fishing session yesterday

I left home early and was on the way to bribie kiosk then over to banksia beach to fish the start of the rising tide just after dawn a few days after the new moon. I ended up getting fresh squid for bait and got to banksia beach at 6am and liked my chances as well as seeing someone land a decent bream about 30cm there as I walked down the small dune. I had set my self up right in front of the channel and got a bait out quick.

I fished for a few hours then had a break. When I got my line out again the tide was coming in hard and I could actually see fish (whiting of all sizes) smell my bait, run over towards it take a couple bites then drop it which made for very frustrating fishing. I kept persisting and persisting but nothing at all was committing to my bait even using 3lb mainline, sz1 ball sinker and a 1.2m of 4lb fluoro leader. Also there was hundreds of white bait in the shallows, with some water boiling in the middle channel (thinking trevally hitting the bait schools).

All up I caught nothing but blistering sun-burn after spending 5 hours in the sun with no sun screen and just a t-shirt/shorts.

34 minutes ago, Albinus said:

Not good having a donut, and sunburn on top! Where did you exactly fish at Banksia? Nice light gear you have. Perhaps the fish weren't fussed on squid today?

Thanks albinus. I was fishing out the front of col fisher park and I presume they were not the fussed on squid or perhaps they have see so many baits they have become educated on the baits/presentations.

8 minutes ago, Brissy_yaker said:

Yabbies or prawns would have been your best bet...also you really have to walk out as far as you can so your casting into deeper water...seen a big queenfish was caught off whitepatch landbased on a live whiting...some nice fish around

Thanks for that information, reason for the squid was the bribie-kiosk was sold out on nearly everything including yabbies, worms & prawns :) 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived