Glad To See Them But Cmon

Madmic

Have managed to get out for a fish a couple of weekends in a row now and I seem to have found the nursery. It is great to see so many small flathead around but I'm dying to catch something bigger!!

The biggest one here is about 42cm. All the rest well under :no:

IMG_0038.JPG

IMG_0046.JPG

IMG_0049.JPG

IMG_0054.JPG

Quite often I find when they are not properly on the job or are going off the bite and I am missing a few fish that when I land one they are chin hooked and haven't really properly attacked the plastic. I think they either jump on top of the plastic on the pause or swipe at it. They are pretty good at getting off when hooked like this. I've seen numerous hot bites turn like this and go from landing one fish after another to all of a sudden missing fish then landing one chin hooked and then nothing.

This afternoon I went back for more!

Caught a bunch of Flathead on the last of the run in tide. I had to anchor up as the wind was constantly pushing me into the mangroves. (bout time i shouted myself an electric..) Didn't catch any fish till I was anchored. Another little one first but then all were legal after that. Things went quiet as the tide peaked so i decided to play my phone for about 20 minutes but then first 2 casts after that were a little Trevelly and the Chin hooked Flathead as mentioned by @MarkA. Then the big Trtevelly smashed the lure and made my drag scream!!! Only running 5lb braid so about 20 minutes later I boated him.

These were all caught on soft plastics I'm trying out, I think the only thing left to know is....what's your favorite colour for a soft plastic :)

Small Trev.jpg

Chin hook Flathead.png

big trev lure.JPG

big trev lure net.JPG

1 hour ago, Madmic said:

Yeah this colour certainly works!! I can request any colour be made for me so if there are any other favorites now's a good time to mention them :)

black and gold , motor oil , watermelon , just to name a few that work around here any way 

Archived