Fishing Seminar Wednesday Night 7/11/7

ellicat

Here's a cut and paste from Nugget's site for anyone interested.

Might be of some interest to a few entering the Classic, or not:)

Cheers

CHARITY FISHING SEMINAR

Please book your seat on 34224999.

I’m organising a free fishing seminar that will feature a monster raffle – all money raised from the raffle will be donated to the Children’s Cancer Fund.

So far we have the following items pledged to the raffle:

Weekend accommodation for 2 people at Couran Cove Resort (thanks Greg)

A 30lb transom mount electric Motor (thanks to Water Tower Bait & Tackle)

A large battery to suit (thanks to J&J Batteries Gibb St Wynnum)

A rod / reel combo (Thanks to Northside Marine)

$200 worth of CD’s & DVD’s thanks to 4BC

WHO

The guest speakers will be:

Gavin Dunne – Fishing the Brisbane River

All the secrets of catching big snapper and threadfin from the Brisbane River using soft plastics, lures, fly and bait.

John Gooding – Offshore techniques

Targeting mackerel, jigging, big snapper – john will show you the gear and techniques for success.

Wayne Young – Whiting from the Gold Coast

Youngie will show you the baits - bloodworms, yabbies etc and how to use them. Locations, techniques and tips - He’ll also show you the easiest way to fillet a whiting.

WHERE

Southside Toyota

1922 Logan Road

Upper Mt. Gravatt

WHEN

Wednesday November 7 at 7pm

Please book your seat on 34224999.

Angus wrote:

Im surprised that considering the number of times we here \"I dont know really how to fish the Brisbane River\" there are not a whole lot more people going!!!

Angus

Especially with the Classic just around the corner. Oh well, if I pick up any good tips I'll let everyone here know.:) (after the Classic:P )

Ash was there too. We caught up for a chat and smoke in the break.

ryno1983, I wore my AFO shirt just for you and Ray had his BRC shirt. We should have stood out as the best dressed:P

Sitting right up the front didn't help me win the raffle either though.

I picked up what I initially thought was a packet of suppositories :pinch: for asking a question. On further inspection they turned out to be SP's.

It was a good seminar with plenty of good tips. Look out for Ray's FOTM entry;)

Look out for Ray's FOTM entry

If i would have had my camera.

Youngy had around 20 whiting the majority of which were over 40 cm that he caught in the Nerang on monday night.

Even had a measuring stick. It would have been easy to take a couple of photos and black out the background and bingo FOTM.

Ps it wasnt my idea who suggested it.

Ray

\"Congrats on 2000 posts Ray. That's an inspiration for fellas of your vintage\"

Thanks I have been on the site since july last year ( Thanks Feral)

I dont know what I would do without AFO it is really addictive.

I am having real spelling problems as I have worn I,O L.N.L.H. off my keyboard and am too lousy to buy another and too lazy to get stuck into it with the engraver.

I really havent enjoyed life so much in years. It gives me great pleasure and pride to be part of the community.

I know that I tend to waffle on and get on my high horse at times and I appologise if I have hurt anyones feelings.

So in conclusion to another rambleing waffle thanks Angus and John and all the other members who make this such a great site.

Ray

jeff f wrote:

.......... anyone else wants to go but cant get in tell them you are jeffrey flynn

I am not sure that would be such a good idea ;):P

And I bet I know who thought of the FOTM entries.... would not want to point the finger at anyone would we Ellicat!

See I am all over this investigations stuff, I think I should get paid more!

Archived