My New Rig

Cody

Hi all.. just shouted myself a new toy for christmas. hoping it will be ok for creek and inshore bay work with plastics.  got it at a fantastic  price.Huge front casting area and all carpeted..  Any input would be greatly appreciated. Also will be looking for deckie spots

20161217_142256.jpg

20161217_142318.jpg

20161217_142302.jpg

20161217_142328.jpg

4 hours ago, kmcrosby78 said:

Nice looking rig mate, well done on scoring it. Is that a plug in all round white light at the back right corner? Does it have nav lights?

Yes mate its a plug in light.. has full nav lights and even has built in lights alongside the rod lockers that throw out light on the deck

Nice mate!  That will get u up all the creeks in the passage as well as over to moreton reefs and chasing tuna/macks out the front on good days.  Check out some of @samsteele115 reports from a tinny of similar size (he has a few more horses on the back).  That 40hp will push it along nicely. Play around with the trim and u will probably get 50-55km/h out of it.  

Im from glass house so I'll probably see u out there at some stage.

8 hours ago, Doyley said:

Nice mate!  That will get u up all the creeks in the passage as well as over to moreton reefs and chasing tuna/macks out the front on good days.  Check out some of @samsteele115 reports from a tinny of similar size (he has a few more horses on the back).  That 40hp will push it along nicely. Play around with the trim and u will probably get 50-55km/h out of it.  

Im from glass house so I'll probably see u out there at some stage.

Thanks for the info doyley.. ive been keen to chase some macs and tuna for a few years.. i cant wait for the longtails to come along the front of bribie beach... hope to see you out there 

2 hours ago, Drop Bear said:

Looks great. @Angus. I thought I would steal the floor layout design for my boat tomorrow. Do you like the size of this rear casting deck? I was thinking I would make a kill tank that sits just in front of existing rear bench seat.

Its not a huge rear casting deck.. but plenty big enough for one person

This style of boat is such a good allrounder. Obviously perfect for creek stuff but strong and stable enough for the bay and a bit of offshore. I like the large casting deck on the Outlaw, they are a nice looking boat. The rear casting deck is plenty big enough. Quite often find myself and my decky on the back at the same time.

See you out in the bay... its just about tuna season ;)

13 hours ago, samsteele115 said:

This style of boat is such a good allrounder. Obviously perfect for creek stuff but strong and stable enough for the bay and a bit of offshore. I like the large casting deck on the Outlaw, they are a nice looking boat. The rear casting deck is plenty big enough. Quite often find myself and my decky on the back at the same time.

See you out in the bay... its just about tuna season ;)

Hi sam.. yes im pleased with it. i wanted something i could use in the passage for popper fishing  for whiting and for throwing for jacks.. but also for longtails and spotties in the bay.. and for bream fishing and snapperfishing at redcliffe reefs... Always welcome to come for a fish on my rig mate

13 hours ago, Cody said:

in the passage for popper fishing  for whiting

This is something I would like to do. I am yet to catch a whiting on a lure.  Are you talking about south passage? and summer whiting or diver? I have bought a stack of small poppers and sugapens and hope to crack a few at Noosa over New Years break. 

8 hours ago, Drop Bear said:

This is something I would like to do. I am yet to catch a whiting on a lure.  Are you talking about south passage? and summer whiting or diver? I have bought a stack of small poppers and sugapens and hope to crack a few at Noosa over New Years break. 

I was talking about  pumicestone passage mate.. ive caught a stack of whiting  on  poppers  now and love chasing these  fish on surface. Summer whiting are great fun. Try some storm gomoku poppers as i believe they work so well. Happy to show you how its done

On 21/12/2016 at 8:30 AM, Drop Bear said:

Happy to show you how its done

nice 

I have a mate that is crook and loosing his sight and im going to be up there tomorrow. 

i would like to troll up a few flatties as he isn't up for casting anymore. Could you suggest any spots? Heading from bribie jutty at bongary (spelling )

The flata out the front of the sandstone point pub work well for flatties mate

Archived