BCF Bragmat out of wack

Fisher_90

I have a BCF one and it is difficult to use it as an accurate measure as it tends to buckle up rather than lie straight, That isnt too bad when using to determine if a fish meets mininum legal size but could get you into trouble with a big flatty.

I only use it for photos and if there is any doubt about the real measurement I use a one meter stainless ruler that I brought from supercheap.

I really like the AKKF brag mats as they are very easy to read and they photograph well.

Cheers

Ray

You wouldnt read about it!

My brag mat is short measuring too. Its about by about 0.6cm per 10cm increments.

No biggy for me, but the bad news is that Angus's thumping snapper didnt actually go 83cm, but rather 78cm... Sorry!

Nah.... only kidding. My BCF mat measures spot on at the moment but has only had the 1 serious fish measured on it, and it wasnt even one I caught!

Feral wrote:

Brag mats are just that, for bragging!

Stickers are the same, use a proper ruler or tape measure for legal size measuring. (Or give yourself at least couple of centimetres)

I don't agree with you Feral. Brag mats are fun. I love putting on a fish then testing the next fish to see if it's bigger or what. THey also add a bit to the photo, especially when you fish alone and have noone snapping for you.

As a side bonus I use mine as a table when fishing from the land. It keeps the lure out of the dirt or should I say the dirt out of the lures.

Beside that I have the very first AFO brag mat [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/zzz_AFO.jpg

post-118-14459843128_thumb.jpg

Archived