Vintage Jarvis Walker Black Queen Deluxe

raZel

Hey all, 

This is my first post on here, so be nice lol.

I was hoping someone could fill me in on a few details and/or point me in the right direction for information. Today after 2 long years of hunting I bought myself a Vintage Black Queen Deluxe fishing rod. From when I was a really little kid, both my father and grandfather had these rods and I always loved them! A couple of years back i decided that I wanted one for myself, so started the hunt.

The 2 things I'd be interested to know... Is the deal and condition of the rod I've managed to find good? Also, does anyone have any information on the history of these rods? eg, the different versions, when they were made etc. 

Images are below - I paid $170

9CBA5DD9-BAC9-497A-A998-464DED438A1F.png

60DF5583-ADFD-4374-BFD6-E4C82A1B8643.png

818A6333-8301-4BEC-9743-477E3E1FE353.png

5014755B-4E51-4987-ACA4-37187DCF080B.png

D06C4D5D-4A72-4DF4-B7AD-68418C3E8694.png

In regard to the deal, don't worry about it now it's done and you have it.

The black queen from my memory was renown as a top bream rod in its day and was a very slow taper action. This was good for the absorbing the breams runs etc on light line. 

Be sure to take it apart after each use and clean the joining steel ferrules so they don't corrode together which was quite common.

Go and enjoy it.:)

On 11/28/2017 at 8:53 PM, raZel said:

Is the deal and condition of the rod I've managed to find good? Also, does anyone have any information on the history of these rods? eg, the different versions, when they were made etc. 

Beautiful rod mate. I have no opinion on cost but it looks in mint condition. Luv it is right. I had so many times when i forgot to break the rod apart with the metal ferrules and it got stuck. They get pitting and corrosion on the chrome so don't forget to give it a wash. 

There is a bit of history on the JW page https://www.jarviswalker.com.au/list/about-us/the-jarvis-walker-story.html

I have fished with them a lot and still have a few rods... none in as good condition as yours. I hope you enjoy your rod :)

• 2 years later...

Hi I do not know about history of this rod, but I am a great fan like you. I can tell you I inherited my mum's black queen 20yrs ago.  It got broken so i bought another for $99 from Myer about 16yrs ago!!  So I think you got a good buy. I remember mum using her rod when I was 8, that was 1968 so they are at least 50yrs old.