Getting Ready For The Social

Luvit

In preparation for next week the batteries have been top up with water and are on charge. 

I have never left the boat unattended while being at anchor so the small anchor supplied with the boat is really just for mooring in shallow sand. Even when I sleep doing overnighters I have the anchor alarm and shallow water alarm on, just incase it moves. (and it has)

So I took the measly 1m of plastic coat chain off that came with the boat and replaced with a 6m of short link chain. I use to cover my anchor chains with old bike tubes to quieten it down when lowering and retrieving fishing for whiting. Then I remember a tip from a long time ago someone suggested using the rod armor instead. So I found some I had from the Kimberly trip and added it to the chain. It will drain well is easy on my soft office hands and more importantly it will give a degree of protection to the boats fibreglass. Multi colored to add some flare.:P

Thought I would post in case anyone else thinks it would be good for their boats.

IMG_4392.jpg.dd910d55b6228441a9e98618c77e20d8.jpg

IMG_4393.jpg.288748a407ecde9f236e74b2bb4b6f52.jpg

IMG_4395.jpg.5ed0edc7c94e3190be67d8b6e45f3f8e.jpg

4 minutes ago, Luvit said:

there you go, did know it existed.

i don't know about the rod armor till i use it,

if it's a fail i'll get the proper sutff off you

The proper chain sock is awesome gear but only comes in 2 sizes to suit 6mm or 8mm chain.

I have it here in 100m rolls if that stuff fails.

11 minutes ago, aussie123 said:

It's $30 for a  standard 10m length of 6mm but I can cut you any length required.

8mm is $35 for 10m.

Thanks Lance. I might as well take the 10 metres and share with friends. I had a look on the site but could only see the 10 mm product. Can you send me a link?

14 minutes ago, aussie123 said:

10m, not 10mm on the site and use the selection box to pick your size Steve.

Also select the Lures Only shipping cost during the checkout  to save you a couple of bux.

http://www.reeltackle.com.au/index.php?option=com_ixxocart&Itemid=115&p=product&id=30295&parent=23&vendorid=2

Thanks Lance. All sorted now. Cheers.

5 minutes ago, aussie123 said:

Thanks Steve.

Don't forget to install it the same way as the video or you will run into all sorts of strife.

What could possibly go wrong  :lol::lol::lol:. Thanks Lance, looks a bit like putting a grip on a cricket bat and I have stuffed that a few times over the years so will follow the vid closely.

20 hours ago, Luvit said:

So I took the measly 1m of plastic coat chain off that came with the boat and replaced with a 6m of short link chain

I have a lot of dings in the aluminium from only 3 or 4 anchor retrievals. I take a lot of inexperienced boaties out. That is a good tip. I have ordered a sock from lance today. 

Archived